• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

🟠 (3.950 & CIP) M5 DBM's with Mag - RUM - EDGE - LAPUA 🟠

Aren't you the designer of this DBM?

Your statement is interesting, since I had to do a fair amount of filing, in the interior of the DBM area, to get this UM DBM to fit into my Manners EH1 M5 inlet.
And I will NOT file out the interior DBM area of the Foundation stock, to get this UM DBM to fit.

Also, is your UM mag supposed to fit into a Deviant with a Seekins cut, without any mods to the action opening, or to the top of the magazine?
I wouldn't file a foundations stock either. There are also different M5 inlets, the badger ordnance is slightly different from the Hawkins.

We did get word from defiance that the seekins cut worked with the 3.95" DBM. Not 100% sure on the action, but I'm assuming it worked with one so the seekins cut actions would all work.

Is the back of the mag supposed to be half moon machined out like the front of the mag, so it fits up tight to the action?

Because the back of the mag is hitting the Seekins cut Deviant action, and it will not allow the mag to snap in place

Notice the front of the mag is machined out to allow it to fit the bottom contour of the action...
...the back of the mag is not machined out, to fit the bottom contour of the action
54BA8C66-9102-4438-BE13-F063C97F52F0.jpeg

I wouldn't file a foundations stock either. There are also different M5 inlets, the badger ordnance is slightly different from the Hawkins.

We did get word from defiance that the seekins cut worked with the 3.95" DBM. Not 100% sure on the action, but I'm assuming it worked with one so the seekins cut actions would all work.
ok, so you did not try to fit this DBM into a Seekins cut Defiance action yourself?

Last edited:
The cut on the front of the mag was for action clearance and smooth feeding. The backside clears on the actions we tested with.

The seekins cut was second hand knowledge, and unknown munitions would be better fitted in answering those questions.

As the manufacturer, I am always interested to know of any issues, be it fitment, function, inletting etc.

Ken

The cut on the front of the mag was for action clearance and smooth feeding. The backside clears on the actions we tested with.

The seekins cut was second hand knowledge, and unknown munitions would be better fitted in answering those questions.

As the manufacturer, I am always interested to know of any issues, be it fitment, function, inletting etc.

Ken
OK, here's my beta testing on this product

-Since the mag is machined out of aluminum the mag lips cannot be "tweeked" like metal mags can. So you will have to file the sharp edges down on the mag lips to get the rounds to smoothly more forward out of the mag

-Since the back of the mag is bottoming out on the the Seekins Cut Deviant action BEFORE it will lock into place in the DBM (without installing washers to space the DBM downward, then the bolt won;t strip a round), I had to Dremel a half-moon in the back of the mag to get the mag close enough for the bolt to remoting even begin to strip bullets out of the mag
- it is my belief that the mag latch opening in the mag is machined in a less than ideal spot for the mag to lock in place

- but here is your biggest problem by far...with the 300 RUM reamer I have, my loaded 300 RUM with 215 Bergers have and COAL of 3.847"
-my loaded 245 Berger rounds have a COAL of 3.908"

-Yes, these loaded rounds fit in the mag...BUT, when the bolt is pushing the round forward out of the mag, the tip of the Berger bullet is "bulldozing" the feed ramp of the Deviant Tactical action.
-The only way I see remedying this, is to machine a longer, more angled feed lip into the factory Deviant Tactical action...
- I will NOT do that just to get this UM DBM/mag to work

And just a side note, my 300 RUM and 338 Edge Deviants work great mag fed with a CIP length DBM and an Accurate Mag set up, with mag length bullets....

OK, here's my question...who has purchased one of these 3.95"UM DBM/mag set-ups, whether for a Norma Mag, Lapua or Ultra mag, and has gotten is to work with minimal or no mods to the DBM, mag, stock or action?

Thanks

Anti - X with the 4 inch box running smooth as butter!

For anyone on the fence, contact Justin Linenbach @ Kinport Peak Rifles in Pocatello Idaho to have these installed. He's very familiar with the modifications needed to run smoothly in the Anti & anti-x.

2D68E253-4117-45EA-817F-7B530C693423.jpeg
A6ED775E-2FA1-4F8C-BFD2-41B0CA251EDC.jpeg
C0B3BE73-4BDC-4244-A01B-B86E63D42D86.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you tested the 3 800 mags? Do they work with belted cases? Can you use a wyatts cut out of 3.915 for these mags or do they require everything to be 4.000 cuts for any of there mag systems to work

Kasey

Have you tested the 3 800 mags? Do they work with belted cases? Can you use a wyatts cut out of 3.915 for these mags or do they require everything to be 4.000 cuts for any of there mag systems to work

Kasey
CIP length works, and I did get the magnum feed lips to work with 300 win mag.

As far as cuts go, as long as your action cut is CIP length it will work with the CIP mags. If it's the 4" Wyatt's cut it will work with the XL mags.

Ken

CIP length works, and I did get the magnum feed lips to work with 300 win mag.

As far as cuts go, as long as your action cut is CIP length it will work with the CIP mags. If it's the 4" Wyatt's cut it will work with the XL mags.

Ken
Did you make modifications to the feed lips to get a belted case to work?

Kasey

It's designed to function with a belted case and also non belted. The magnum CIP works with both.

Recent Posts