Which Press?

pig ranch deadeye

I have an RCBS Rock Chucker and it is not bad. I am interested in your opinions on presses, so I have three questions to the forum:
(1) Which is the best press of all, and why?
(2) Which is the best for the money?
(3) Does the choice of press have any effect on the quality of the resulting ammunition?

First, the search function works very well on here and we seem to talk about single stage presses.

Second, if you like Gavin Toobe, he has a good review on YouTube and his website ultimatereloade.com

Third, I have the MEC Marksman. It is a great press at a reasonable price. I was reloading rifle ammo on a lock n load AP. Works ok, but it is not nearly as stiff and that affects consistently. I went to the LNL single stage. Good, but I was having some small stiffness issues and it felt sloppy. The MEC fixed all that.

I would think that if you now have a RCBS RC this is all you need. In my experience I have found that quality dies have a greater effect on good ammo than does the press, provided the press is in decent shape. JMO
Are Forester dies the best? They have a great reputation. I usually buy RCBS.

It's a matter of opinion which are the "best"....

Forster are certainly one of the best. Their Ultimate Seating Die is my hands down favorite seating die and a favorite of a lot of competitors.

I just went through this same process to make a decision on a new press. Lots of good ones, and opinions out there. Listen to the posts and pick what you want out of the top presses. They have their differences but I think are all top notch. I went with the MEC Marksman because of the open front, good capacity for bigger cases, and liked the mount that you can get for it. It was also available and a good price. So far, I really like it. Super smooth.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.