Whats Your Rifle's Name

I haven't named my modern rifles, but my custom flintlock rifles wear names like:

Medusa - from Greek mythology (her looks alone were enough to kill) - 54 cal

Diana - from Roman mythology (she was the goddess of hunting) - 62 cal

Artemis - from Greek mythology (she was the goddess of hunting) - 40 cal

The only one I have that is named.

M77 Ruger Featherweight 220 swift 30 + years old is - "DEPENDABLE", and still is. a sub moa dependable shooter with thousands of coyote and P dog kills, a few deer and Antelope. It sports a Leopold VXL Varmint Scope. Got it from Craig O'Gorman, in Broadus, MT in 1978. He had a case lot of them when that model was discontinued. I got one of his last ones.

Well I again had another name thought for the rifle. I know I said I wasn't crazy about a masculine name but yesterday morning my rifle literally entered a pig head from one side and erased the pigs other side. I saw that and immediately thought Stormin Norman. Let me know what y'all think. I'm tempted to post a pic of the pig but it is graphic and not sure if I'd offend anyone.

This is my girl. Her name is Sally Six-five. Savage 110, Stockade Prairie Dog Special, Savage Factory oversized bolt knob, SSS comp recoil lug, Talley 20MOA base, Criterion 6.5 284 pre fit barrel. Harris 9-13'' bipod. Rifle basix trigger tuned to a crisp 2lbs. These pics are kinda old but i don't have any newer ones yet, but now she wears a sexy desert tan duracoat on all her metal and its topped with Viper PST 4-16x50.

Attachments

• 6.5 Sally.jpg
    6.5 Sally.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 6.5 Sally2.jpg
    6.5 Sally2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 6.5 Sally3.jpg
    6.5 Sally3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 70
I've got a Browning a-bolt stainless stalker w/boss I call "Betty Lou." We have a local hunting song in northern WI called The Tirty Pointer. In that song a guy has a "AK-47, triple barrelled, double scoped, heat seaking shotgun called Betty Lou."

Thats a funny song they play every opening to deer season. sometimes they play it a few days early.
A friend of mine has a Ruger .204 with a leupy on it he calls "Death". He told me that gun has killed so many critters and that whatever he shoots with it, is dead.

300 RUM is the "HAMMER"

Attachments

• Copy of GEYSER 2009 023.jpg
    Copy of GEYSER 2009 023.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 91
  • P1000934 (2).jpg
    P1000934 (2).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 61
Well Mine are not overly original but I have my 111 LRH 6.5-284 who is named "Black Betty" She's pretty vicious.

Then I have a regular old Encore 45/70 and that's "Thumper" Kicks like a mule but very accurate and makes critters die in spectacular fashion!

I'm definitely diggin' the NORMA JEAN name. To me, the first thing i think of when i hear that name is HARD CORE METAL. Norma Jean is a Metal band. I'm assuming that rifle of your is going to bring some hard core destruction to your targets. ;)

as for my rifle...well, it's still a baby. it's not grown up yet nor earned a reputation. It will get a name eventually...

My primary rifle is "Maggie" cause she's a magnum. I'm waiting on parts for "Katana" so I can get that one built.

Geb

300 um savage 210 berger 30 inch hart "the hammer" 338 edge savage 30 inch hart 26lb truck gun "doom" 223 wssm ar-15 worked over "screamer" savage 10 single shot 204 "the turtle gun" ...375 cheytac armageddon 50 lar griz 7mm-338 ultra pestilence 7mm stw seven (like the movie) 6-284 needle gun 22-284 (the 22 lol) 6.5 ultra scramjet

Come on guys I know you guys have a name for your favorite rifle. Let's here it. My buddy keeps trying to name my newest 338 norma Norman and its driving me nuts cant name it a mans name. my 22-250 is a kimber so I call her Kimberly and she can be nasty when she has a mind to it. so help me out with my Norma tell me what your girls name is. Here is the rifle to help inspireView attachment 12082
BayDoll