What ia the best long range scope you have used ?

100% agreed!! Studying the reticle scale is so valuable in the proper use of a FFP scope. If you can commit the reticle to memory (or a good dope card) you can rely less on your range finder.

100% agreed!! Studying the reticle scale is so valuable in the proper use of a FFP scope. If you can commit the reticle to memory (or a good dope card) you can rely less on your range finder.
Yes! And lots of scopes have added features to assist with quick ranging determinations, or when the use of a RF may not be feasible. I particularly like this design. This. Is a better explanation of the S&B P4L Fine reticle feature. Being a FFP, the feature stays fully in the sight picture to 15x(shown).
79F65C4E-F606-4775-830E-DF678E14DB35.jpeg

Swarovski X5....hands down. NOT Z5
Expensive, but the best glass in the industry. Tracts perfectly, very repeatable
I have a pair of nightforce, a huskamaw and several leupolds. Nothing is close. The discontinued Leupold Mark 4 is the next best as far as low light glass, but is weak in other areas.
Opinions on glass are so subjective and an individual thing. I own/have owned several Leupold Mark 4 scopes and I think the glass is mediocre at best. The Mark 5 HD glass is MUCH better to my eyes.

And I've not run an ATACR but I've found other models of NF glass to be ok but not great as well.

Opinions on glass are so subjective and an individual thing. I own/have owned several Leupold Mark 4 scopes and I think the glass is mediocre at best. The Mark 5 HD glass is MUCH better to my eyes.

And I've not run an ATACR but I've found other models of NF glass to be ok but not great as well.
You are correct - subjectivity is said to be a matter coatings that affect how each person's eyes perceive color and contrast through the glass. Below or beyond certain price thresholds, glass is either cheap, good, great or world class. Buying according to intended purpose usually determines how much we're going to spend and from there, what looks good to you, is best for you. I love the mechanical performance of my S-Bs hands down and light transmission is incredible. But my eyes are most comfortable looking through my Leica Er and Leica binos - I find I can see "into" the woods beyond a treeline.

You are correct - subjectivity is said to be a matter coatings that affect how each person's eyes perceive color and contrast through the glass. Below or beyond certain price thresholds, glass is either cheap, good, great or world class. Buying according to intended purpose usually determines how much we're going to spend and from there, what looks good to you, is best for you. I love the mechanical performance of my S-Bs hands down and light transmission is incredible. But my eyes are most comfortable looking through my Leica Er and Leica binos - I find I can see "into" the woods beyond a treeline.
Very well said!

my long range shooting is with Nightforce 5-20X56 on my 6.5 Creedmoor , along with a 7-35x56 Atacr used on my 338 Lapua and also happy with the Zeiss, S&B, Leupold's a new Swarovski 2.5-15x56MM w/30mm tube put that on my 30-378 WBY only used twice so far ., it's nice . But am looking into that 80x one for sure .

Night force used to have their sfp Benchrest 8x32x56 in NP-1RR pretty sure it ranged at 22 power ,300 yards to 800 yards 9 inch circle and 18 inch's combined in each yardage choice , nicely thought out also for those that didn't know they made that reticle ,Cheers .

My eyes are not what they used to be. Keep second guessing myself as to which one is better-- guess now if I can see where the target is and hit it am a happy camper. Still want to see that 80x scope.

Night force used to have their sfp Benchrest 8x32x56 in NP-1RR pretty sure it ranged at 22 power ,300 yards to 800 yards 9 inch circle and 18 inch's combined in each yardage choice , nicely thought out also for those that didn't know they made that reticle ,Cheers .
I have own a couple of the older NF 8x32x56 Benchrest scopes, one of them with the NP-1RR. Yes, it dies subtend at 22X. I still use them, mostly for BR competition/ LR targets. Many of the reticles shown in the attached manual have been discontinued by NF.

Best overall optic I've owned is the ZCO 4-20, without question. The 5-27 is good as well, but there's something special about the 4-20.

I'm happy with the Tangent Theta TT315M, but if ZCO could go on a diet, I'd trade my Tangent in for another ZCO.

The Kahles k525i is also an outstanding scope. One of the few I've regretted getting rid of.

I was pretty unimpressed with the ATACR that I had. I'm thinking of picking up another to see if maybe I just had a dud.