What is your Long Range scope?

US Optics and S&B for primary glass. Impossible to beat either of them. Also run NF on some guns with great success. As much as we shoot, we have never sent a USO or S&B back for repair. In my opinion, you get what you pay for.

Use a Vortex Viper PST 4-16 on my 308, on my 25/06 I have a Leupold LRT 6.5-20, and on my 6.5x284 also have a Leupold LRT 6.5-20. All have been good scopes so far.

Currently, and for the forseeable future.. 4-16 Hensoldt on my #1 and actually a 3-12 Huskemaw on #2 (my sheep/backpack rifle)

I like the Huskemaw because it's about the lightest and most-compact scope offered with caps & turrets that'll fit in saddle-scabbards, which has a nice thin reticle with wind-hash marks. Plus, is pretty affordable. $1000 ~ imo, with purpose, it's a nice scope

As for the Hensoldt, I've always kept at least one rifle set up with absolute top-shelf sights. Used to shoot a 6-24 Diavari (for yrs) But went away from the high power scope.. didn't use it. (& I do shoot regularily up to 950) I don't feel underpowered at all with (now) 16x only. A Henny falls into the BEST of the best tactical category.. along the likes of Schmidt & Bender and now the challenging Nightforces & such. Actually been said that Hensoldt is the scope all others are measured against around the globe, an that's no BS.. you do actually have to sit behind one and ring a few rounds to understand where those statements come from* (I wish I could afford one for every rifle I shoot) Eye-box is nice & big, glass better than crystal clear.. in fact while shooting 200 last week I thought I was seeing my bullet-holes "moving" away and off the paper, lol.. was actually mosquitoes crawling on the target!! haha-- I couldn't believe my eyes, got a good laugh... had it at only 12x when was watching those bugs! 16x is where I figured out they were mosquitoes! Never seen that perfect thru ANY scope...! Even my old Diavari (Zeiss' old glass model) couldn't pick up a mosquito! This one is just plain amazing.

Anyone with the cash, considering top-end glass.. do-not overlook a Hensoldt*

NF NXS 3.5-15X50, NF F1, Leupold Mark 4's 6.5-20X50, and Steiner 3-15X50 military. These optics are on match rifles that pull double duty for hunting and varminting.

Geb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts