Ruger MK11 stock options

I used the hogue overmolded on my 77 and liked it. Once I got the torque tweaked to what the rifle liked it shot great but took lots of tweaking as most of the 77's do. It was lighter than the original laminate but definitely not a lightweight stock.

I took a lightweight plastic stock off of my 338WM for the Hogue FBB. Some weight is good with the Ruger 77 in 338WM. To me, the really light stocks don't seem to handle as well with the heavier "B" barrel profile. The Ruger laminated stocks seem to balance well, but they are somewhat heavier. I have always done well with the Boyd's laminated stocks. Just saying...

NJheadhunter didn't really define what he was looking for.

Give McMillan a call. They used to sell the classic Ruger stocks. I have one. They also used to inlet the HTG (I think) for the MIIs. Surely they still have the tooling programs. Won't be cheap. HS will run you a little more than half the cost of the McMillan.

Not the same offerings as five years ago...You hearing this Beck???
I have 3 HTG's on Ruger Hawkeyes, which is essentially a 77 MII, and I think they're fantastic. The last one bought last year was $725ish.

I used the hogue overmolded on my 77 and liked it. Once I got the torque tweaked to what the rifle liked it shot great but took lots of tweaking as most of the 77's do. It was lighter than the original laminate but definitely not a lightweight stock.
I you don't mind me asking, what were your torque settings ?

I you don't mind me asking, what were your torque settings ?
I no longer have the gun and that was probably 10+ years ago but I think hogue recommended 60 inch pounds and I ended up about just snug on the middle and then 55 and 65 but not sure which was which. I started at 60 inch and shot a group and made 2" pound adjustments alternating between front and back screws until it was shooting bug holes. It took half a day and probably close to 40 shots but worth it.

Years ago, I took the boat paddle of my all weather MkII 7 mag. Put on a Bell and Carlson . Then an HS Precision. On my M700 300Rum I put an HS Precision then a Stockys Thumbhole
Come to think of it, if anybody wants I have a HS Precision long/magnum action tan stock for Rem 700 and a Bell & Carlson Ruger MkII long action, I think it's black for sale lol !

I did a clean up a couple months ago and got rid of most stuff collecting dust…..most but not all! lol
I didn't think of all the stocks but listed 4 TC Encore barrels. Sold a couple rifles and pistols I last month at gun shows. Need to thin out stuff I haven't used for years and probably won't. Don't want to go to an estate sale when I die ...