Ruger MK11 stock options

Give McMillan a call. They used to sell the classic Ruger stocks. I have one. They also used to inlet the HTG (I think) for the MIIs. Surely they still have the tooling programs. Won't be cheap. HS will run you a little more than half the cost of the McMillan.

Not the same offerings as five years ago...You hearing this Beck???

Your 338 win mag will work in the HS precision. I have one on my 264 win mag. They are both regular long actions. They are referring to the 416 rigby sized magnum actions that are actually stamped ruger magnum on the action.

Get this one to fit the larger barrel contour on your 338.

IMG_1422.JPG

This is a Richards Micro Fit Stock, Bastogne walnut, Ruger MKII, SA, .20P. Richards also makes stocks in laminate's (plywood) for Ruger MKII's in long actions. No plastic stocks with adjustable features. Somewhat behind the current rifle stock fashion trends (not a trendy stock). I prefer laminates over plastics especially for hard kicking rifles.

IMG_1708.JPG

Here is another Richards stock, somewhat more trendy with a pistol grip & plywood.

Last edited:
I had a Richard's done up for my tanger and for the money, I would double down and get the HS Precision.

Richards inletting was very rough and require quite a bit of work. More than should have been for the money in my opinion.

It now wears the McMillan.

CDDDC060-F7D9-40E8-86E8-D5DDC1A33A2E.jpeg
0B5B90A2-656D-4508-AE3C-4012C65A4BBC.jpeg
20809186-AED9-46D3-96E2-8E87346281DC.jpeg