Stock Options?

fmajor

I'm working up prices for a LRH rifle and i'm looking at stocks.

I saw a couple interesting Bell & Carlson offerings. They *look* like a pretty sweet deal - especially for the price, but the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" keeps repeating in my head. Here's the link:

Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A2 Style Remington 700 SPS BDL Savage 10/12 Weatherby Vanguard Howa 1500 Vertical Grip 2092, 2096, 2997, 2998 & 2999

another variant:

Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist A3 Hook Style Series 2956 Long Range Remington 700 Short Action Stock

Anyone have an opinion about these guys?

I know the McMillan and Manners stocks are premium, but they're a couple hundred more. That kinda money would spend much nicer on better optics....

Anyone? No one?!?

A lot of guys are using the Medalist for their Savages and getting good results. I am leaning toward that direction just because it will be more affordable than a McMillian A-5. Any of the three would work just fine. B&C make good stocks. Go for the A3 with the hook!

Tank

I put a Medalist on my Savage 12 and I would consider it one of my best purchases. Very well made, everything dropped in perfectly. It completely changed how the gun shot and how I shot it.
It is a win win situation in my book.

I know this is not what you asked , but Joel Russo makes some very nice laminate stocks. I have a A5L and love it. He has lots of options also. I can tell you that you will never deal with a better guy.

Thanks everyone!

Oh my word!!! Those are some beauty stocks - prices? specs (weight/foul-weather problems ready/etc)?

Does the laminated wood compress at all over time in the recoil areas (presuming aluminum bedding pillars/block)?

Thx!

frank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.