Remington 700 possibly a SENDERO?

That would be a stainless Sendero. The catalog version had a fluted barrel, but I believe there were some special runs in stainless non-fluted barrels. Not sure on calibers though.

I recently purchased a Remington 700. I'm unsure which model it is tho and was hoping for some help. It is a 300 win mag, 26 heavy barrel, blued/blued, jeweled bolt, and has the J-lock, and has a gray/black stock that looks like an HS Precision. It looks like an older sendero maybe, but at the price I paid don't really want to get my hopes up. It doesn't have SENDERO stamped anywhere on it. Any body have any idea what model it is?
My first generation 25-06 Remington 700 Sendero looks just like the pictures that you posted. My barrel has the word SENDERO on it. I also have an 22-250 Varmint Synthetic that looks the same as your pictures without the barrel marking. Either way, put a good trigger in it and I'll bet you that it's a shooter.

I have a 270 just like it stamped sendero on barrel also have a 7RUM stainless fluted with no stamp but has same stock as my first gen sendero so I not sure they all got stamped very nice rifle anyway shoot shoot good to

I believe I have that same exact rifle in .308, 26 inch heavy barrel, dish crown, HS precision stock, even the J lock and a matte jewling on the bolt. The J lock may be the clue as to when it was made. I also believe mine is a Special Purpose Police model, or at least that is what I was told when I bought mine used. Mine will shoot factory Black Hills 168 Match King's in one hole! I bet yours will shoot pretty dang good too. cheers, Jason

I believe I have that same exact rifle in .308, 26 inch heavy barrel, dish crown, HS precision stock, even the J lock and a matte jewling on the bolt. The J lock may be the clue as to when it was made. I also believe mine is a Special Purpose Police model, or at least that is what I was told when I bought mine used. Mine will shoot factory Black Hills 168 Match King's in one hole! I bet yours will shoot pretty dang good too. cheers, Jason
The older PSS (early 90's) in any caliber were insanely accurate with factory match ammo and reloads. I saw and used dozens of them and never even heard of one that did not shoot well under .5" groups. Most tore a big ragged hole for five shots.

I have a 270 just like it stamped sendero on barrel also have a 7RUM stainless fluted with no stamp but has same stock as my first gen sendero so I not sure they all got stamped very nice rifle anyway shoot shoot good to
A 270 Sendero is rare, I have heard of only a few, nice rifle.
Too bad they did not know about fast twists in those days. One of those with a 1-7 1-7.5 with that 26" tube and throated long would be close to factory 6.8W and I would rather have it !

Thanks it's one of my favorite rifles I have only seen 2 and I bought the second one and it is a tack driver

Attachments

• 19D7BF0D-4344-4AF7-855E-2FD0389F4390.jpeg
    19D7BF0D-4344-4AF7-855E-2FD0389F4390.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 60
If it's not stamped "Sendero", my bet is that it's a 700P or just a 700bdl that's been restocked.

As I recall the P was not fluted, but all of the Senderos were Fluted.