Remington 700 possibly a SENDERO?

Did all Sendero have fluted barrels? Early ones black and stainless flutes? Later all stainless? I had a earlier 7 STW Sendero. Stupid me. I sold it!! Very accurate rifle.

IMG_20211218_131906357~2.jpg

It has all the looks of a 700 VS (varmint synthetic) but they did not make it in 300 win mag so I am going to say its a sendero they did not mark all of them with sendero on the barrel there were several variations of it , the PSS rifles had more of a parkerized finish and later 2 front swivel studs, the long range I believe used a Bell & Carlson stock and had a different forend design so like I said I think you have a sendero

Last edited:
The price is the give away, if 600.00 it is most likely a Long Range and 900 to 1000 it is then most likely a sendero. My guess is a Long Range with the blued barrel. Still a fine rifle.
Take into consideration the first gen sendero is 30 years old, Remingtons poor recent reputation et el it would be a tough sell to ask a grand for a used 300wm when there are new factory options in that price range

Great buy no matter what you call it.
I've had my hands on a lot of senderos. Never saw one with that finish on the bottom metal. I do like that stock without the stupid palm swell of the newer ones.