Remington 700 Sendero .300 WM

omc.cobra

Just posted this comment on the new member forum, but thought it also belongs here.

Among other bolt action and AR rifles, I have a Remington 700 Sendero in .300 WM with Leupold 4.5 by 14 by 56 mm scope. Standard trigger of 6.5 lbs. Using Federal Gold Match ammunition with 190 gr Sierra HPBT bullets I adjusted the scope for 1,000 yards and took a few shots. 10 ring and also in the X ring. A sweet rifle. So certainly a great hunting rifle for deer and elk, but also shoots lights out. Will begin reloading with that bullet soon as I have purchased reloading equipment and just received an order of primers after waiting three months!!

The next weekend that .300 took out a coyote at 107 yards, same bullet (that is what I had with me) Needless to say - tiny entrance wound, but canteloupe size exit or larger. She was dead before her feet came back to earth - a bit overkill as I normally use a DPMS in .308 or .223 for coyotes.

If I ever get into F class competitions, I will step down to a .308, probably Remington Police - also 26 inch barrel and of course that rifle will double as a hunting rifle. Although the scope might have a little more power than 14 - say 20 or 25 at the top end.
progress.gif

Not sure when. This scope is about six months old. VX-L model. Notched on the bottom so it sits down on the barrel. I actually wanted a 50mm, but it was backordered so ordered this one. Very very good in low light. 30mm tube so lots of adjustment.

Oh i forgot about the VXL series!! My mistake!!

Also there is no such thing as over killing a coyote, a dead dog is a dead dog is a dead dog

One thing on reloading - the Federal Gold Medal match ammo is around $50 a box of 20, I believe I can reload for about 40 cents so economics drives it as well as accuracy.

i have found the 300 wm oneof the most forgiving to reload for. easy to get good to great accuracy. only the .222 and 308 have equaled it. also i shot some factory 180 tsx; .21 and .27 for three shots

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.