remington 700 sendero questions

1200? with the lapua?

haha good one, they've been tested to 2400, and like i said, mine shots accurately to near a mile... and theres plenty of energy when it gets there.

There are some good bullets for the 7s...but even in all there is to choose from in the 30 cal range... i am yet to see an outstanding BC that is a reasonable weight.

I would like to have a 30-378 that could put out 208 a-maxs. I bet the standard 1:8 twist could do it.

TEX

I finally got my scope back from leupold with the new m1 turrets put on..

Check it out and tell me what u think...

CSC_0510.jpg

CSC_0511.jpg

CSC_0513.jpg

CSC_0512.jpg

CSC_0514.jpg

CSC_0515.jpg

i think you did good riddler. now learn how to use those turrets. its no big deal and you'll be fine with it. get the muzzel brake, it will help alot. you will see your own hits. also get loading. take your time dont buy junk. keep us posted.

Riddler what brand are those camo kneepads? Do you like them? I need a pair for my antelope hunt this fall. lemme know...

L_L

the brand is B.P.E.. standard issue us army. thats where i got them.. they work well if you dont move.. once you start crawling they slip down your your ankles. they have knee pads that are integrated into the acu pants(army digi camo pants) and fit into velcro pockets on knees that work real well.. if you crawl any distance i would not recomend them but if you lay still for a long period of time or kneel they will work great. if you want a cheap place to buy them join the military.. they are free lol.. good luck

First of all.....welcome to LRH. It's a great place for specialized knowledge on shooting long distance. Over the last 9 pages you have received some great advice. I agree with most suggestions that have been made. The one piece of advice I would give...and it is a tough one to consistently follow.....is to listen to the advice of others who have been there.

When I first got into this game, I didn't always listen. The result was wasted money, time, gas and barrel life. I guess when it comes to the school of hard knocks, I always insist on paying full tuition. As I have gotten older, I have seen the wisdom of listening and learning from others that know their business. It's a trust issue of sorts, but the waiter usually knows the best/most popular dishes on the menu.

A final note: don't buy stuff because it looks cool. I have yet to see a rifle that could kill based on looks. It's kinda like Daniel Boone grinning a bear to death. Great story, but never really happened. Stick with functionality. You already have a great rifle. There seems to be a consensus forming in this thread that a muzzlebrake, skim bedding action and a trigger job or custom trigger would give you the most bang for the buck. Start there. Reloading will be a must if you stay in the game. Good luck to you!

it would be hard to add to AZSUGARBEARS comments in a productive way,
but i will add this.
listen to the advice of others, but dont take all as gospel.
there are those who have very little actual experience, but lots of computer time.
there is a difference.

im trying to get ahold of nate he has a custom shop in my area i want to get a muzzle break and a custom trigger in the next month. bedding too if it doesnt cost too much. other than that i need to spend time at the range getting used to my knobs and rifle so everything else will wait till deer season to see how it shoots. thanks for all the help. i was completely new to long range stuff before this but now i know a little.

Don't wait until deer season! Make sure you have everything ready BEFORE the season starts. That way you just grab it and go and you will hit your shot because you have the confidence in your rifle. With all of the advice already given, and I'm a newbie so I can't offer much, I would just add that you need to practice until your confident with your rifle and bullets. If you are not confident don't take the shot because you could wind up injuring the animal. If you injure him, you already have to walk 500-1k yards just to where you shot him/her...then you have to walk and find it. Unless you feel like walking all over the place, make sure you are confident in the shot and ensure it is a well placed shot. Like all opinions, someone might disagree with me, but that is just my 2 cents. Good luck!

i tink i may have miswrote what i meant. i wanna get those things done by months end than practice with it make sure i know how to use knobs and everything before deer season starts so i am confident

i will wait till after deer and yote season to do any other custom work, so than i really know what needs to be fixed and what else i could use. thanks for the post

If you shoot 5 factory bullets on target at 100 yds and they're all touching one another, you should be feeling very fortunate. The muzzle brake, and having Nate do the work are both good ideas.

Other than that, all that rifle needs is shot! It sounds like a real tack-driver.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.