remington 700 sendero questions

Save all your bass and instead of buying a new stock buy a reloading set up. You will gain more accurcay from reloads than from any stock!

Besides you will save your self a ton on money in the long run.

I would definately reload my own ammo if i had the, room, money, and time.. so ill cringe instead everytime i buy a $60 box of ammo.. i have a friend that reloads i might send my rifle to him and have him make me a ton

You might try ANY other brand of ammo, haha. Please, anything but remington. Great rifles, not so great ammo, but hey... it looks like its working for you, so its your call. I agree with montana. Leave well enough alone on the stock situation.

TX

7mm RUM is a really hard shell to buy for.. none of the match grade bands make them.. black hills ammo, hornady or anything good

7mm RUM is a really hard shell to buy for.. none of the match grade bands make them.. black hills ammo, hornady or anything good

Yup, all the more reason to load your own. And i would normally agree with the comment about lack luster Rem ammo, but the guy I bought the gun from said he shot a 1" group @ 350 yds with 300 RUM Rem 180 scirocco bonded, power level III and I dont think he was blowing smoke.

i wouldnt be spending any money on that gun other than a muzzel brake, and a trigger tuneup.
the muzzel brake will help your flinching, and will allow you to follow your shots and see your hits at distance.
i would definatly send the scope to leupold and have target knobs installed. that way you can zero in at 100 yds. and with a click chart add elevation according to the distance.
with that gun for example about 75 clicks from the 100 yd. zero would put you on at 1000. depending on load of coarse.

spend your money on (GOOD) loading equiptment, and learn how to load.

you have an excellant long range cartridge, and a rifle that will rival many of the so called customs right now.
just shoot it and dont worry about the barrel.
a corvette aint cheap to run, but they sure as hell run. so does a 7 rum.

they can add tac knobs on the scope.. like they have on the mark 4 LR scopes? thatd be totally badass.. and muzzle break is def coming, as well as trigger. how much does it cost to start up reloading?

the leupold M1 knobs are probably what you are thinking of. Yes Leupold can do it. check out thier website. I believe it can be done for less than $100.

i wouldnt even change the trigger personaly, id just tune up the one you have.
you can always swap that out.

leupold offers 2 different knob setups. the target knobs have covers, the tacticle knob does not. both do essentialy the same thing. ive always used the target, but to each his own. main thing is get it done.

as for loading, check out some of the many excellant articles on that here. also,send for a sinclair cataloug.
start learning about concentricity gauges, and different presses and dies with names like redding, and other quality types.
meanwhile keep shooting, and save your brass.

The looks of your set-up give me the impression that the price of reloading won't kill your budget. If you save your brass, a starter kit from rcbs runs about 250, but i would get the good master kit for 286 on midwayusa.com. 7mm bullets wont be too expensive, even for the best. You could pay for your kit after about 5-10 boxes if you're spending 60 dollars a box.

Leupold target knobs are under 100 bucks from leupold, and a great idea.

You will be much happier reloading because of all the money you will save.

But, get a reloading kit and it will save you about 30% over buying all the items one by one.

TX

Yup, all the more reason to load your own. And i would normally agree with the comment about lack luster Rem ammo, but the guy I bought the gun from said he shot a 1" group @ 350 yds with 300 RUM Rem 180 scirocco bonded, power level III and I dont think he was blowing smoke.

Ii am reminded of the proverbial blind squirrel that found the nut.

TX

can u put some pics up? i wold like to see what they look like on a non tactical scope.. thanks

Here is a couple pictures from my Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 that I had M1 turrets put on.

Scope1.jpg

And on the rifle.

Vanguard-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.