remington 700 sendero questions

How did you order the turrets?

TX

Just wrote a little note, boxed up the scope (had just bought it), and sent it in. Got it back about 5 days later (I am local). Unfortunately, there was a minor issue, so I sent it back a 2nd time. Got it back just about as quickly.

Deffinately looks great. i will be calling leupold monday to see options.. will be something i do.. great lookin pic

I was lookin at those turrets.. and they will go great on my scope. i have the vx-III 6.5-20x40mm, the long ranger version so it has the focus knob on the left. it will look like a sleeker version of the mark 4. like i said i will be calling leupold monday. and as soon as i get the scope sent and back i will post new pics.

Last edited:
look up " remington crisp " you can adjust the trigger yourself. get a brake on it. shoot it. ron

Here is a couple pictures from my Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 that I had M1 turrets put on.

Scope1.jpg

And on the rifle.

Vanguard-1.jpg

I fainally have the opportunity to send in my scope for the turrets.. How long did it take?

Nice!!! im looking forward to gettin my scope sent in.. ill be one step closer to the rifle of my dreams.. thanks alot for the help

thats good to hear. can they replace the reticle? i have a fine duplex and wouldnt mind getting either mil dot or something similar..
there are more decisions for you in this area also.
to answer your question, YES leupold will change the reticle.
there are numerous options. i would personaly reccomend taking 1 step at a time.
get the turrets and learn how to use them.
next start reloading, and establish the load you will be using.
there are several types of dots that can be installed. mil dots are but 1 choice, and not necessarily the best choice.
for example i have dots in 3 leupold scopes that go from 100 to 1000 yards, and 1 goes to 1200 yards. no dialing is necessary, although i still have that option.
check out t.k. lee, birmingham al. www.scopedot.com
dots are very quick, and very accurate if installed properly. accurate load data is important.

I sent in my scope today to get m1 turrets put on. i will post pics once i get it back.. i will send it in later after i get real good at reloading. the turrets cost me 130 bucks and a reticle change would cost 160 bucks. i also have another question. i have the sendero stock and wondering if there are aftermarket cheek rest i can put on? i plan on getting a different stock eventually that has an adjustable cheeck rest. any ideas?

Since it;s an HS stock, I would get the HS cheekpiece. It looks "different" but works very well.

TEX

I have had some of the same questions with my 7mm RM Sendero that you are dealing with. By fooling around with bedding, triggers, reloading , and barrels i've taken a out of the box rifle that was subMOA rifle and made it a 1.5MOA RIFLE. Fortunately it is back to 1/2moa. When I look back at everything I've done the biggest highpoints I believe are
1)reloading is by far the best investment. Lots of fun, lots of different bullets and overall much cheaper. @50 dollars a box or $250/100 I would have spent a thousand dollars in the last 7 months at least.
2)practice with rimfire to get basics down
3)cut the foam down some in the pelican case :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.