Rem 700 Sendero caliber swap questions

Speaking of 7's like the 7mmx06 280 Remington and the 280 Ackley Improved.

As 7mm go you might take a look at the 7.61 Sharp & Hart. Norm Chandler thought the world of this cartridge. I have a good friend former Marine buddy who did his time as a Scout Sniper in the Corp. He has brought his personal Chandler sniper rifle to the range many times, in a little 1k fun. For a short {shorter than I think it should be} barrel it shoot's like a laser. The accuracy is phenomenal. The last time we shot a few rounds he shot a five ground onto a man/steel target at 1k 3.685" under the neck the other rounds on the steel were from playing, rapped bolt drills and command fire, you know speed drills. I saw him do it and he a member on this broad.

The other cartridge that comes to mind is the 7.61 Super by Norma. It can push a 154gr bullet to 3000 fps with out much trouble.

Anyway thought I just bring it up for conversation.
Good luck

Attachments

• Initial Shot Grp 1k with 7x61 S&H.jpg
    Initial Shot Grp 1k with 7x61 S&H.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, I saw the unicorn I have been kicking myself for not buying a few years ago.....Remington 700 LSS in .257 Wby Mag.

Guess I'll just have to sell my boat and see what comes along then, when I DO have the cash in hand.

Which gun are you referring to? Link?

Good looking gun, but wrong action for me....Nothing wrong with a Savage, but I've just always had such good luck with the Rem actions. I guess I really am a Remington man at heart. LOL

I loved my 7 .308 custom (before it got jacked from me) and I love my 700's I currently have.

I think I'm more or less a sucker for any Sendero I see for sale, especially in certain calibers, like 7mmSTW. Absolutely love my Sendero SF in 7mmSTW. Probably the single-most accurate gun I've ever pulled out of the box. All I did was adjust the trigger, and it is still shooting 1-hole 3 shot groups at 100 yards.

I guess that's what started my love affair with the Senderos...

One day soon I'll build me a custom Sendero in .280 AI. That caliber has really peaked my interest.

Good looking gun, but wrong action for me....Nothing wrong with a Savage, but I've just always had such good luck with the Rem actions. I guess I really am a Remington man at heart. LOL

I loved my 7 .308 custom (before it got jacked from me) and I love my 700's I currently have.

I think I'm more or less a sucker for any Sendero I see for sale, especially in certain calibers, like 7mmSTW. Absolutely love my Sendero SF in 7mmSTW. Probably the single-most accurate gun I've ever pulled out of the box. All I did was adjust the trigger, and it is still shooting 1-hole 3 shot groups at 100 yards.

I guess that's what started my love affair with the Senderos...

One day soon I'll build me a custom Sendero in .280 AI. That caliber has really peaked my interest.
I'm pretty much the same way with my Remington's. The first one (birthday gift actually when I was 14) was a 700 bdl 7mm mag that was a complete ***. Five trips to remington and it still wouldn't shoot.

Since then though I've had half a dozen that were phenomenal. In the larger calibers/magnums the only other gun I've ever owned was a model 70 7mm Mag that was also a tack driver. I don't miss the X at all but I do miss that Rifle.... .

Personally I'd just stick with the 7 mag or go up to the 7 Rum, but I have a friend that is completely addicted to the .280 AI as well.

Guess I should revive this old thread.....

Well, I never got that Sendero, they sold it before I got a chance to buy it.

I found another one just like it for sale today in the classifieds for not quite as good a price, but it still looks phenomenal. Might try to get it. Waiting to find out how much my income tax refund will be...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts