remington model 700 sendero special

Rowdy

I am looking for some load information for a 270 Sendero using 140 grain berger or accutebond bullets that are accurate at 300 yards and farther. If anyone can help me with any powder combinations to go with these bullets to make some accurate shots at long range, it would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
gun)

What's accurate in one guys rifle may not be accurate in your rifle. Just want to give that heads up. You will more than likely have to play with load charge and bullet seating depth. I wish I could remember the load we used for our 270's. It was with like 46.0grns of IMR4064.

Tank

What's accurate in one guys rifle may not be accurate in your rifle. Just want to give that heads up. You will more than likely have to play with load charge and bullet seating depth. I wish I could remember the load we used for our 270's. It was with like 46.0grns of IMR4064.

Tank
Thanks for the info. This is a gun I bought back in 1989. Haven't had time to play with any loads.So just looking for a general starting point to get me in the ballpark then go from there. Thanks again

Last time I saw this question asked the majority of the responses were a load based on H4831SC as the go to load for a .270 WIN ...

Anyway, I have been loading and shooting the 140 Accubonds with 54.5 grains of H4350 at an OAL of 3.33 ...

This is pretty much a max load, Quickload lists 65K psi as max and this load shows up as 64.6K psi in Quickload.

Start lower and work up to it ...

I have a couple of buddies that I have been loading these for also and this load is shooting well in their rifles too.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.