New! Pierce Engineering “Shadow” Action

Jud96

I'm excited to announce the latest custom rifle action from Pierce Engineering! This action is known as the "Shadow". It's our stainless steel action that has been lightened like our "Skele-Ti" to minimize weight without compromising on strength, precision, and function-ability. This action has many sweet features that make it a stand out and still function and operate smooth and nice like our standard actions. The bolt has extra deep flutes along with lightening pockets on the bolt handle and ultra light bolt shroud to cut weight and look good doing it! We kept the bottom of the bolt smooth to allow nice functioning without gouging brass or chatter on the action when cycling. These actions will also all be made with Wyatt's cuts to allow longer cartridge lengths for heavy, high BC bullets common today.

This announcement also kicks off another update to our actions, integral recoil lugs. All of our standard stainless 700 footprint actions and Shadows will come with an integral recoil lug from here on out. Our Titanium actions will be available with the integral lug for an extra $100 from standard pricing.

Below are some images of a fully nitrided short action Shadow. I'll list the weights of them below as well for long and short actions. These are available for order now with approximately 4 month wait time. The price will be $1100 for standard bead blast or cerakoted and $1150 nitrided.

Long action Shadow 22.4oz
Short action Shadow 20.9oz
4E7A079C-EA17-4AFF-B1FE-443F3D03E47F.jpeg
0AB94A0B-9A3C-475A-AF63-F83EA68EF299.jpeg
D88FE33E-D656-4CF5-A301-F89C208C5655.jpeg
65104694-9DA4-4ECC-8875-376BF117DDE5.jpeg
7176A57E-75E7-4FC5-AED4-B308FA76009C.jpeg

I'm excited to announce the latest custom rifle action from Pierce Engineering! This action is known as the "Shadow". It's our stainless steel action that has been lightened like our "Skele-Ti" to minimize weight without compromising on strength, precision, and function-ability. This action has many sweet features that make it a stand out and still function and operate smooth and nice like our standard actions. The bolt has extra deep flutes along with lightening pockets on the bolt handle and ultra light bolt shroud to cut weight and look good doing it! We kept the bottom of the bolt smooth to allow nice functioning without gouging brass or chatter on the action when cycling. These actions will also all be made with Wyatt's cuts to allow longer cartridge lengths for heavy, high BC bullets common today.

This announcement also kicks off another update to our actions, integral recoil lugs. All of our standard stainless 700 footprint actions and Shadows will come with an integral recoil lug from here on out. Our Titanium actions will be available with the integral lug for an extra $100 from standard pricing.

Below are some images of a fully nitrided short action Shadow. I'll list the weights of them below as well for long and short actions. These are available for order now with approximately 4 month wait time. The price will be $1100 for standard bead blast or cerakoted and $1150 nitrided.

Short action Shadow 20.9ozView attachment 360122View attachment 360123View attachment 360124View attachment 360126View attachment 360127

Short action Shadow 20.9ozView attachment 360122View attachment 360123View attachment 360124View attachment 360126View attachment 360127
VERY NICE!!

Very nice and only a short wait time. How much and what scope rails are offered ?
$1100 for bead blast or cerakote
$1150 for nitride

We have Talley 0, 20, and 30 MOA pinned rails available and we're currently in the process of having some 2 piece rails made but I'm not sure how soon those will be available. If you're interested, we have Hawkins and Talley direct mount rings too.

Well it's about time someone besides Defiance made a 22 oz SS LA 😉
Will these be timed for prefits?
As of now they won't be. Our tolerances are tight enough, however we currently do not have a process to time the threads in our machining process. That's something we have considered.

Last edited:
If it's anything like the 6GT you brought up to MTC this March, it's awesome. Smooth as glass y'all. Lift, cycling, lock up really nice. Will this have that coating on the bolt you showed us?

If it's anything like the 6GT you brought up to MTC this March, it's awesome. Smooth as glass y'all. Lift, cycling, lock up really nice. Will this have that coating on the bolt you showed us?
That would of been my coworker/buddy Bryan. That's his new PRS rifle. Yes these will be available with the nitride bolt and action.

Fantastic!!

Anyone running one of these to speak of its strong points or complaints? Tempted to try one out as I was not a fan of the defiance anti I fondled. I really like my bat bumblebee, however inlets for it are a challenge, being a flat bottom action.