NEW ACTION- Pierce Engineering Skele-Ti

Want to hear from a few of these builds, not just one that just got an action. Looking good is nice but bolt-action smoothness wear and tear ???
All of my recievers and bolts ( TI ) are coated by Pierce.They are slick as can be. Barrels are Bart. 2b or Brux 3's, all stocked Manner's or McMillan I try not to shoot them more than necessary, I hunt with them. I have two that are on their second barrels. First one's I bought were not coated, sent them back for coating. Very happy

I have a Pierce Titanium 280 Ackley and it's as slick as can be. 2b Bartlein barrel that shoots lights out with 140gr Accubonds and 160gr Partitions.

When I can afford a new action, it will be a Skele-TI.

Pictures for reference

12CC47EA-FD8F-40DF-AB1A-7D53603FF614.jpeg

E445C016-8521-4977-98A9-35B67EB74CF9.jpeg

Mine is the original Titanium with steel bolt

Last edited:
@Jud96 Is there any info about these on your website? I have not been able to locate it if so.
No there isn't. The website needs a major refresh. I don't have control over that though. None of us are tech guys and we all have been so busy in the shop with a new EDM moving in, training a new employee, prototyping, improving our current ops, and keeping up with more demand than ever. We have talked about getting the website updated, so it's on the list of things to do.

How do your actions hold up to magnum rounds? Especially the long magnums. Just curious on the titanium side.
Only one I have that may be considered a magnum would be my 30 Sherman.
So far it's held up very well. I launch the 214 hammer at 3180. I have the older full ti bolt also

I have a Pierce Titanium 280 Ackley and it's as slick as can be. 2b Bartlein barrel that shoots lights out with 140gr Accubonds and 160gr Partitions.

When I can afford a new action, it will be a Skele-TI.

Pictures for reference

View attachment 427800

View attachment 427802

Mine is the original Titanium with steel bolt
That is a great looking rifle. What does the bare rifle weigh? Is that a 26" barrel? Edge or sporter fill in the stock?

I have some exciting news for you guys! We have developed a new lightweight hunting action at Pierce Engineering. This action is a skeletonized version of our successful Titanium action and it incorporates a lightened steel bolt. We were able to match the weight of our Ti Featherweight action by using a steel bolt opposed to a Ti bolt. We are still working on our short action version but the long actions are ready to be ordered! The Skele-Ti long action weighs a mere 17.5oz complete with dual pinned recoil lug. This is one of the lightest if not the lightest Remington footprint long action available today! The price is $1450 and $50 more for full DLC action body.

All Skele-Ti actions will have DLC coated bolts and DLC coating can be added to the action body as well for $50 extra. The lightened bolt features extra deep flutes but still remains unfluted on the bottom to retain smooth cycling and no scratching up your brass. Our bolt handle is skeletonized as well and made of hardened steel to prevent bending. This action retains the same size bolt, action body, bolt lugs, threads, etc. as our standard long actions and material wasn't removed in those critical areas. Another exciting thing is these actions along with all of our other standard actions will be made with integral recoil lugs in the near future! The price on the integral Skele-Ti actions will be $1550. I'll post some photos below. I hope you guys like it! Thank you. View attachment 338085View attachment 338086View attachment 338087View attachment 338088View attachment 338089
Is there an option for a titanium bolt to lighten it even more? Is there any way to get your action under 16 ounces if possible?

Is there an option for a titanium bolt to lighten it even more? Is there any way to get your action under 16 ounces if possible?
No more titanium bolts. The Skele-Ti actions are now all integral lug and that saves weight vs the steel pinned lug. The Skele-Ti shorts are 15.8oz and the longs are 17oz

I finished a build with one of the earliest production Skele-Ti short actions. I built a 6.5 PRC with an 18" proof barrel in a Proof elevation stock. Shooting the 118 tipped hammer, I was able to hit 3090 fps with RL26 in the new barrel, shooting under an inch at 100. I don't have the final weight in front of me, but it's hilariously light, and will be my go to timber gun.

Something to think about with Ti actions, there's a reason bench and varmint guns are steel actions. These are built for extreme weight saving on lightweight hunting rigs.. not designed to shoot 2k rounds per year. At very high volume, Ti does not perform as well as steel, but that's not what the material is intended for. I have full confidence in the Pierce for hunting, it's smooth, cycles perfectly. Highly recommend.

I finished a build with one of the earliest production Skele-Ti short actions. I built a 6.5 PRC with an 18" proof barrel in a Proof elevation stock. Shooting the 118 tipped hammer, I was able to hit 3090 fps with RL26 in the new barrel, shooting under an inch at 100. I don't have the final weight in front of me, but it's hilariously light, and will be my go to timber gun.

Something to think about with Ti actions, there's a reason bench and varmint guns are steel actions. These are built for extreme weight saving on lightweight hunting rigs.. not designed to shoot 2k rounds per year. At very high volume, Ti does not perform as well as steel, but that's not what the material is intended for. I have full confidence in the Pierce for hunting, it's smooth, cycles perfectly. Highly recommend.
Has there ever been any long term durability testing with titanium actions and scope rail mounts to see how they hold up with high round counts?