New! Pierce Engineering “Shadow” Action

Jud96,
The titanium long action you sold me last year has been a delight with my 7-.338RUM. The action seems as smooth as my steel actions.

When we spoke on the phone I didn't realize you do the whole thing. Whose stocks do you use? What do they weigh?

Jud96,
The titanium long action you sold me last year has been a delight with my 7-.338RUM. The action seems as smooth as my steel actions.

When we spoke on the phone I didn't realize you do the whole thing. Whose stocks do you use? What do they weigh?
I'm the lead CNC machinist. I make the actions but I don't get to build the full rifles. I build rifles for myself, but not customers. You most likely talked to the shop manager, Jim Nordhof. He handles the majority of orders and takes care of the rifle build specs. Having said that, we use stocks from a variety of vendors. We mainly use AG Composites, McMillan, a few Manners, and when we want them really light we use stocks from Jack Kiester. Like I said previously, I don't deal with the rifle components everyday so I don't know the weight of most of these stocks off the top of my head unfortunately.

By the way, I'm very glad you're happy with your Titanium action. We do our best to insure they're smooth and reliable. We're constantly looking for ways we could possibly improve and make a better product for our customers. We have come a long way with the titanium and we're pretty happy with them. Thank you!

Jud96,

Rich is correct, they are the most helpful and the only Smith I've ever dealt with who really delivered what you want in a rifle and made you feel like your rifle was the most important thing they had going.
I have a lot of nice rifles built, but most were tell them specs then get a call when done and never any communication in between to make sure you are getting the product you really want.

Are the ejection ports like the standard Remington 700 or extended like the Defiance?
Our ejection ports are longer than Remingtons. I don't know the specs on Defiance ejection ports, but I know they offer several and I'm not sure how closely ours are to their offerings. The Shadow actions have a very large ejection port and they're longer than our standard port as well. Thanks