March Compact Tactical 2.5-25x52??

The one I messed with was a excellent scope...but the glass was not near "alpha" glass to my eye...I would say Nightforce NXS is comparable. My X5 is considerably better my Mark 5 3.x18 is a shade better, and my Bushnell DMR and LRHS are not quite as good...so for what they are asking --don't think I'd shell out for that...I really like this scope for $1600...$600 shekels less.

I have been using that March for about four years. Yes, IMO, it's better the NSX, particularly size/weight, glass quality, and parallax controls. Turret and overall reliability is on par with the NF. The March is one of the better designs in controlling low sun glare often encountered in my whitetail hunting at dusk and dawn.
Lightweight March 2.5x25x52 mates perfectly with my 6.5x284 MPA Chassis used for LRH
9BBA6FDE-91E7-4784-A859-A33702CC41EE.jpeg

Last edited:
I have two March 2.5-25x42 scopes that I use for competition. They are great scopes. I switched from using Sightron scopes on my match rifles. The glass is great, but the best features of the March are the reticle (I use the circle with a floating dot....perfect for NRA Highpower Competition) and the size/weight. The March didn't weigh much less than the Sightron, but it was notably smaller. The Sightron acted like a wind sale in slowfire standing.

For hunting, even the newest VX3 scopes have great twilight viewing. Will something like a Swarovski give you a few more minutes at the end of the day....yeah, maybe, but my VX3 4.5-14 has been more than adequate up until shooting hours end. I live and hunt in Pennsylvania, so with a flat shooting rifle like my .280 Rem I have no need to dial.

I have been using that March for about four years. Yes, IMO, it's better the NSX, particularly size/weight, glass quality, and parallax controls. Turret and overall reliability is on par with the NF. The March is one of the better designs in controlling low sun glare often encountered in my whitetail hunting at dusk and dawn.
Yes. There is a huge advantage using the march looking into the sun. My range faces west and I do alot of shooting 800_1000yrds in the evenings. With lesser scopes I cannot see anything and with the march it's like the sun is not even there.

I've got a 2.5-20x52 mounted on my 338 Edge. I pulled the Edge out the other day after going a couple years without firing along moving several thousand miles in my enclosed trailer across less than smooth roads from AK to TX in 2018. I figured I'd check zero and to see if my 3 plus year old loads performed as well as my fresh loads.

After I center punched the X ring at 200 yards, I took it to 600 and printed a 2" group. I'd say the March is doing its job quite nicely and I had no trouble smacking steel with my 3 year old loads.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, but this scope seems about perfect for a long range hunting scope. Why don't we hear more about them?

Is it better than a Nightforce NXS?
I have two March scopes, both mounted on 338 LMs, first rifle is a Ruger PR weighing about 20 lbs, scope works just fine. Second was mounted on a Fierce weighing half as much. After about 50 rounds through that rifle the parallax adjustment failed. Returned it to Midway and received full credit. No other problems with scope and appreciated quick response of Midway. Replaced with NF, very happy.

I have two March scopes, both mounted on 338 LMs, first rifle is a Ruger PR weighing about 20 lbs, scope works just fine. Second was mounted on a Fierce weighing half as much. After about 50 rounds through that rifle the parallax adjustment failed. Returned it to Midway and received full credit. No other problems with scope and appreciated quick response of Midway. Replaced with NF, very happy.

What year was this? I didnt know Midway ever sold March Scopes.

I have the 2.5-25x52. I Love the scope. Perfect hunting scope. compact, low profile turrets, good glass. Parallax has a very tight window as some have complained about but once you get used to it its no problem. Tracking has been spot on. I want a couple more but not cheap!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.