Leupold vx6hd 4-24x52 vs march 2.5-25x52

Kelly1278

Looking to buy a new scope for a lightweight 6.5 sst . Im considering a leupold vx6hd 4-24x52 and also the march 2.5-25x52 how do these compare?

I don't know about "very different".
Both have:
Good low mag (within 1.5x)
Good high mag (within 1x)
Both fairly lightweight under 24oz
Both are SFP
Both have illuminated reticle options
Comparable glass (Leupold might be slightly better to my eyes)
March has better turrets
March has better tracking
Leupold probably has easier warranty to work with

I own a March F 3-24×52 FFP and love it.
I do not own any 4-24×52 VX-6HDs, but have shot behind 5 or 6 of them.

Last edited:
I don't know about "very different".
Bot have:
good low mag (within 1.5x)
Good high mag (within 1x)
Both fairly lightweight under 24oz
Both are SFP
Both have illuminated reticle options
Comparable glass (Leupold might be slightly better to my eyes)
March probably has better turrets
March probably has better tracking
Leupold probably has easier warranty to work with
That pretty well covers it all, except price difference.

I have two 3-24x52 March's, one illuminated, but both are FFP. Some prefer the SFP, but I've had no problems on targets or hunting with mine. You'll love the crisp turrets and repeatability, also the easy zero stop.

I have a March High Master and 2 VX6 HD's and they have all performed flawlessly. I don't think you can go wrong with either but I like the locking turrets on the Leupolds for hunting.

I have a 6X-HD 4-24×52. The elevation is limited to only 38MOA due to the zero stop and limit of 2 revolutions.

I'm considering a March 2.5 - 25.
Can anyone comment on the March turrets, on things like: useable elevation adjustment, zero stop mechanism, how easy it is to reset the zero and zero stop?

Last edited:
I have a 6X-HD 4-24×52. The elevation is limited to only 38MOA due to the zero stop and limit of 2 revolutions.

Not sure about the 6X-HD but, I have a couple of Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15X44mm CDS-ZL2 SF FireDot scopes. The ZL2 feature does limit the elevation adjustment to two turns, totaling 38 MOA on my scopes, UNLESS you push in the silver button on the turret. That button overrides the two turn limit and lets you adjust your elevation above 38 MOA, if you have any up adjustment left above the two turns. It will also override the Zero Stop when depressed at the set stop position and you can adjust your elevation lower than your ZL setting, assuming there is any additional adjustment left in that direction.

Hope this information helps.
Kevin

The 4-20 Luepolds were listed on optics planet a couple days ago....
Not sure about the 6X-HD but, I have a couple of Leupold VX-5 HD 3-15X44mm CDS-ZL2 SF FireDot scopes. The ZL2 feature does limit the elevation adjustment to two turns, totaling 38 MOA on my scopes, UNLESS you push in the silver button on the turret. That button overrides the two turn limit and lets you adjust your elevation above 38 MOA, if you have any up adjustment left above the two turns. It will also override the Zero Stop when depressed at the set stop position and you can adjust your elevation lower than your ZL setting, assuming there is any additional adjustment left in that direction.

Hope this information helps.
Kevin

Kevin, thanks for your reply.
I just got the Leupold scope recently .
I called Leupold about the 2 revolution limit and they told me that the turret is limited to 2 revs, or 38 MOA.
I'll see if I can override that by pushing the silver button.

I'm considering a March 2.5 - 25.
Can anyone comment on the March turrets, on things like: useable elevation adjustment, zero stop mechanism, how easy it is to reset the zero and zero stop?
March turrets are great. Crisp, tactile, audible, precise, well spaced, repeatable, accurate.

Usable elevation, as much as I will ever use. Mine is in MIL on a .280AI. I was shooting out to 1181 today, still on the 1st revolution. I have shot it to 1650 before. I doubt I will even get to the end of adjustment.

Zero stop is the easiest I have ever used. Zero the turret wherever you want. Grab a coin, dial the zero stop until it stops. Done. Rock solid stop. Zero set is still 3 small Allen screws like most other scopes.