March Compact Tactical 2.5-25x52??

I was within a millimeter of pulling the trigger on that same March.....then I read a guys post. He has posted other stuff that was spot on, so i gave his opinion some validity. He stated that in low light his Leupold Vx5, or maybe it was a Vx6, was noticeably better. That post was either a blessing or a curse....b/c I got cold feet and didn't buy it.
Now I know Leupold makes fine glass and for the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But my weakness is glass....just me but I'll cut a corner on any other part of a rifle, but the glass I always get what I really want.
And I've handled a Vx5 and, for my old 51yr old eyes, my Swaro Z8i and S&B Exos show me why they are so expensive. I can't have a scope that isn't on par with the others in the same price range when it comes to light gathering and clarity during the last 10-15 min of legal shooting light.
But that said, I absolutely love the design of the March and have decided to look at one myself and make my own judgement.
I did that with the two nice scopes I mentioned above and I simply could not vote one over the other. Although if the Exos wasn't so heavy it would likely be the only glass I'd use. Just my humble opinion. Would like to hear how others rate it compared to different alpha glass.

might have been me.Ive spent hours looking threw my glass out my back door at back woodline 4-600 yrds.And in field comparing,side by side,spotters too on mounts.My Mark 5, 5-25x56, is clearer than my 3-24x52 March F1,6 yrs old.Looking at wood line I can see the barbs on wire fence and not with March.My March compares with my mark 4,and a z5 Swaro.My baby Kowa 554 is right with my 20 yr old Leupold 15-45x60,which was under $600.Doesnt come close to my 774. My old Ziess classic 10x40 where close to my 10x32 EL's. My March is picky on paralax and makes it hard field judging past 20x,think this scope should be better for price. For weight,profile,low turret,ZS,its on my main pack rifle.If it had the clearness of my Mark 5 Id love it,the mark 5 much larger,doesnt fit the bill for me on pack rifle.Read many posts on these and some remarks like mine,but overall sound clearer,I would like to compare mine to another the same?

Last edited:
Chasing the dream

Attachments

• B24CA3B9-FD65-4CCD-8131-27C1D8657223.jpeg
    B24CA3B9-FD65-4CCD-8131-27C1D8657223.jpeg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 184
I literally just had this scope in my cart the other day after TONS of research. I decided not to pull the trigger because I just hated that the windage isn't capped. That bugs be a lot haha. Ended up going with an NX8 4-32 because it checked all the boxes, except I might be taking a hit on the glass compared to other reviews.

I have one n my 30 Sherman. Better than nxs yes . Better than atacr not in my book. Scope is amazing no wish I had more zoom or getting lost on close targets on 5x

I was within a millimeter of pulling the trigger on that same March.....then I read a guys post. He has posted other stuff that was spot on, so i gave his opinion some validity. He stated that in low light his Leupold Vx5, or maybe it was a Vx6, was noticeably better. That post was either a blessing or a curse....b/c I got cold feet and didn't buy it.
Now I know Leupold makes fine glass and for the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But my weakness is glass....just me but I'll cut a corner on any other part of a rifle, but the glass I always get what I really want.
And I've handled a Vx5 and, for my old 51yr old eyes, my Swaro Z8i and S&B Exos show me why they are so expensive. I can't have a scope that isn't on par with the others in the same price range when it comes to light gathering and clarity during the last 10-15 min of legal shooting light.
But that said, I absolutely love the design of the March and have decided to look at one myself and make my own judgement.
I did that with the two nice scopes I mentioned above and I simply could not vote one over the other. Although if the Exos wasn't so heavy it would likely be the only glass I'd use. Just my humble opinion. Would like to hear how others rate it compared to different alpha glass.
I am not a doubter of the quality of glass Leupold has. It's the inner workings of Leupold that I don't trust.

I would agree with you on the glass quality. The
I would agree with you on the glass quality. I actually love the tight parallax adjustment on the march once I became used to it. I will never put a leupold vx6 or 5 on a scope I plan on dialing alot. The mark line may have a better system but like you stated they weigh a ton. I would like to see a swaro z5 with more turret adjustment. I guess if your only shooting 7 to 800 a guy would be ok . The march will take you over a mile easy

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.