I know a joke primers

Do share the details...
With new primer production facilities under construction in Europe and the US I'm sure the shortage will improve but it may take 2 yrs or so until the new facilities come online. The shortage has forced me to try other brands of primers and glad I did since I've found a brand that blows away CCI in the accuracy and ES arena. Manufacturing chose not to increase the capacity of production to control supply and prices and its about to bite them in the arse. I wont go back to CCI. JMO

Seen in another forum several years ago where this guy had 200,000 primers & 1,200 pounds of powder stored in a cabin basement (crawl space?) in a woodsy location in N.E. USA. The guy even said the state fire marshal thought it was cool. If this was true - 200,000/1000 * $90 = $18,000, provided the primers were not destroyed by humidity & heat; 1,200 * $38 = $45,600 for powder; total $63,600. Then there would be the possibility of the cabin being floated aloft on top of a big fire ball. Corruption of a state official for financial gain, like sharing the proceeds of selling $63,600 worth of components is another possibility.

LGS's here only have small rifle & pistol primers at $90 - $110 per 1000. Powder is $30 - $55 per pound.

L.A. arrested a guy (mental case) who had 12 firearms and, get this, 36,000 rounds of ammo when they compared his Mental history with firearms purchases. . There is an example of your hoarding. Sounds like a Red Flag case.

?????? So, he had a few bricks/buckets of 22's and a couple of cans of 223/5.56?

12 firearms? - Newbie.

With new primer production facilities under construction in Europe and the US I'm sure the shortage will improve but it may take 2 yrs or so until the new facilities come online. The shortage has forced me to try other brands of primers and glad I did since I've found a brand that blows away CCI in the accuracy and ES arena. Manufacturing chose not to increase the capacity of production to control supply and prices and its about to bite them in the arse. I wont go back to CCI. JMO
And what brand of primer would that be that you've had so much luck with?

L.A. arrested a guy (mental case) who had 12 firearms and, get this, 36,000 rounds of ammo when they compared his Mental history with firearms purchases. . There is an example of your hoarding. Sounds like a Red Flag case.
"If" he was truly a mental case, as unfortunate as it is, there are those of us that should not own guns. They are going to cost us. Our issue is we can't give an inch, or the anti's will take a mile. I had an FFL for years and had to make some decisions that weren't popular for the customer involved just based on knowing the person. The good thing is as an FFL holder is there is no discrimination liability. If I don't like the way you look, or have a bad feeling, I can refuse to sell without repercussions And without even giving a reason. Not a bad right to have In certain circumstance.

Last edited:
Seen in another forum several years ago where this guy had 200,000 primers & 1,200 pounds of powder stored in a cabin basement (crawl space?) in a woodsy location in N.E. USA. The guy even said the state fire marshal thought it was cool. If this was true - 200,000/1000 * $90 = $18,000, provided the primers were not destroyed by humidity & heat; 1,200 * $38 = $45,600 for powder; total $63,600. Then there would be the possibility of the cabin being floated aloft on top of a big fire ball. Corruption of a state official for financial gain, like sharing the proceeds of selling $63,600 worth of components is another possibility.

LGS's here only have small rifle & pistol primers at $90 - $110 per 1000. Powder is $30 - $55 per pound.
7 years ago i lost most of my reloading components to a major flood. You would be surprised how (resistant) some primers can be to humidity and and exposure. I certainly have been. I don't load them but every now and then I'll seat one in a blank and try it. Sometimes it's amazing they will fire given what they were exposed to.

Watch the Remington video on primer production. They are wet when mixed (on glass by a person with straight edge) then they go in the cup wet. They are inactive when wet and they become active as they dry.