I know a joke primers

The last time I found any large mag was 2 or 3 months ago and I did buy some at 12 cents piece. Then I bought some large at 10 cents a piece a month later. Up until yesterday I found and bought br2's at Natchez tat averaged 20.6 cents/per delivered.

My lgs hasn't had any large rifle or mag primers in a long time. They do have a good supply of Remington 7-1/2 and cci 450 small rifle primers. Some common powders but at 60 a pound I'll hold off.

Last edited:
L.A. arrested a guy (mental case) who had 12 firearms and, get this, 36,000 rounds of ammo when they compared his Mental history with firearms purchases. . There is an example of your hoarding. Sounds like a Red Flag case.

That sounds like a normal prepared persons minimum per weapon "common caliber" stock to keep on hand...... just my personal thoughts

I have enough for now 😃. I am wondering if any of you are starting to see large rifle and mag rifle primers starting to show up at the gun shops . I would like to get some more at retail prices not gun broker prices. I am a little concerned with how much ammo is being made and shipped to the Ukraine. I feel there could be a component shortage coming again. Does anyone else feel like that. Happy shooting
nope... only thing at my lgs right now is small rifle mag... both standard and mil spec cup

They also count pellets as ammo.
When I worked in Minneapolis (25 years ago), I stopped at the Fleet Farm in Brooklyn Park on my way home one night.
I got several items, one was a tube of BBs.
The clerk didnt just want to SEE my ID, she wanted to SCAN it.
I refused and an argument ensued. She claimed it was state law, I called BS. After several minutes of back and forth, she finally admitted it WASN'T state law "but should be."
"Maybe if it was, we wouldn't have the issues we do."
I asked her if she thought they needed to ID the shooter of all the dead sparrows in town and lock him up, then walked out.
Left her with a cart full of stuff she'd already rang up and walked out.
Never did step foot in that store again.

One local shop in central PA had Ginex small rifle primers for $10 a pack of 100.

The other month a local wholesaler/distributor had CCI large rifle & Rem BR large rifle primers.
I got 2 bricks of the CCI at $67 per.
The BRs were going for $72 per.

With new primer production facilities under construction in Europe and the US I'm sure the shortage will improve but it may take 2 yrs or so until the new facilities come online. The shortage has forced me to try other brands of primers and glad I did since I've found a brand that blows away CCI in the accuracy and ES arena. Manufacturing chose not to increase the capacity of production to control supply and prices and its about to bite them in the arse. I wont go back to CCI. JMO

L.A. arrested a guy (mental case) who had 12 firearms and, get this, 36,000 rounds of ammo when they compared his Mental history with firearms purchases. . There is an example of your hoarding. Sounds like a Red Flag case.
Just think how you can be perceived with your 10 bricks of .22? 5 containers of 250 count pellets, 5K BB's, just your normal ammo on hand for lets say 10 firearms? Public doesn't understand one iota of shooting sports so "big numbers" to them labels you right away in media binge of what they want you to be.

With new primer production facilities under construction in Europe and the US I'm sure the shortage will improve but it may take 2 yrs or so until the new facilities come online. The shortage has forced me to try other brands of primers and glad I did since I've found a brand that blows away CCI in the accuracy and ES arena. Manufacturing chose not to increase the capacity of production to control supply and prices and its about to bite them in the arse. I wont go back to CCI. JMO
I just looked up the loads for the 155mm. Don't hold your breath if the war continues. Some loads use 25lbs of powder, not to mention other things. Olin will be very busy.