I got my deer!!!!!

Honestly gonna save my tenderloins and backstraps for me and the rest I grind up for hamburger. Family of six over here, the kids are all 6 and under and don't really like straight up roasts BUT go nuts for chili, meat sauce with spaghetti, nachos with taco meat, meatballs, meat loaf, and hearty potato hamburger type soups, all of which the ground venison is perfect for.

Saskatchi-racks eh? Im gonna have to use that, especially as I am indeed in Saskatchewan haha. I've never taken a huge racked buck living here either, I don't generally have time to just live out there and be choosy, I'm after meat first on very limited time, every year I only get 2-5 real days opportunity so the first full bodied mature deer I see I take.
WOW A YOUNG FAMILY.
6 And under. God Bless You And Your Family. 🎅 You need more venison.

Honestly gonna save my tenderloins and backstraps for me and the rest I grind up for hamburger. Family of six over here, the kids are all 6 and under and don't really like straight up roasts BUT go nuts for chili, meat sauce with spaghetti, nachos with taco meat, meatballs, meat loaf, and hearty potato hamburger type soups, all of which the ground venison is perfect for.

Saskatchi-racks eh? Im gonna have to use that, especially as I am indeed in Saskatchewan haha. I've never taken a huge racked buck living here either, I don't generally have time to just live out there and be choosy, I'm after meat first on very limited time, every year I only get 2-5 real days opportunity so the first full bodied mature deer I see I take.
You do the same as we do.
Lots of mouths to feed. We stopped making anything into roast so that part I cut into something like 1" steaks and run it through the tenderizer a couple times and make those into chicken fried steak, ground, tender loin and back strap.👍

Good thing I process everything myself

You do the same as we do.
Lots of mouths to feed. We stopped making anything into roast so that part I cut into something like 1" steaks and run it through the tenderizer a couple times and make those into chicken fried steak, ground, tender loin and back strap.👍

Good thing I process everything myself
The tenderloins are all mine haha, and while I like using lots of spices and seasonings, for those I keep it simple….I pan sear them in sesame oil to medium rare and put a little salt and pepper on them.

There is no better breakfast on earth than a venison tenderloin, some coffee, and a delicious orange or grapefruit. My favourite!

I also process it myself….so it's better if I grind up my "butchering" anyway haha

The tenderloins are all mine haha, and while I like using lots of spices and seasonings, for those I keep it simple….I pan sear them in sesame oil to medium rare and put a little salt and pepper on them.

There is no better breakfast on earth than a venison tenderloin, some coffee, and a delicious orange or grapefruit. My favourite!

I also process it myself….so it's better if I grind up my "butchering" anyway haha
I feel it too brother 👍

Wait until yours are old enough to multiply, then it becomes more mouths to feed 🤦‍♂️😂
Well I'm happy to report all four of them are talking about how they want to go hunting with me when they're a bit older (my wife and I agreed upon 8 as a sensible age, just our decision other people parents can do as they please). But this is good if they want to get deer of their own because I'm not buying meat at the store for a family of 6 carnivores once I have 3 teenage males in the house! I can't afford that, I remember how much I ate when I was in that 11-17 age window! 🤣. And at present their sister is more of a carnivore than any of them!!!!

Well I'm happy to report all four of them are talking about how they want to go hunting with me when they're a bit older (my wife and I agreed upon 8 as a sensible age, just our decision other people parents can do as they please). But this is good if they want to get deer of their own because I'm not buying meat at the store for a family of 6 carnivores once I have 3 teenage males in the house! I can't afford that, I remember how much I ate when I was in that 11-17 age window! 🤣. And at present their sister is more of a carnivore than any of them!!!!
That's the age all of mine start pulling the trigger. I always start them sitting in and watching at 6-7 and getting them shooting with 22's first.
I have found that starting them at a very early age being around guns takes away the fascination of wanting to play with them. It just becomes a tool that is part of life 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have found that starting them at a very early age being around guns takes away the fascination of wanting to play with them. It just becomes a tool that is part of life
I used that exact theory in numerous discussions with people that I worked with!

This was exactly my thoughts as I was raising my kids. Maybe I was just lucky, but they never shot themselves or anyone else! They were taught from a very early age what they were, and I did some shooting of small melons to attempt to emphasize that that could be a friend's head …..if they played with the guns!

However, as their mother and I both worked, sometimes they were left alone for several hours. I have no doubt that from around the age of 8 or so….they could defend themselves if need be!

Ironically thought, neither my son nor my daughter have any interest in hunting! Though my daughter's 3 sons and daughter all hunt. memtb

This was exactly my thoughts as I was raising my kids. Maybe I was just lucky, but they never shot themselves or anyone else! They were taught from a very early age what they were, and I did some shooting of small melons to attempt to emphasize that that could be a friend's head …..if they played with the guns!

However, as their mother and I both worked, sometimes they were left alone for several hours. I have no doubt that from around the age of 8 or so….they could defend themselves if need be!

Ironically thought, neither my son nor my daughter have any interest in hunting! Though my daughter's 3 sons and daughter all hunt. memtb
Same with mine, only difference is only one of mine doesn't hunt now all of theirs are starting to hunt . My shooting house was packed opening weekend of rifle 😂, food, drinks, heaters, we had 3 shooting houses full

Same with mine, only difference is only one of mine doesn't hunt now all of theirs are starting to hunt . My shooting house was packed opening weekend of rifle 😂, food, drinks, heaters, we had 3 shooting houses full

Very happy for you my friend! We don't much family time around the shooting bench…..much to my regret! memtb