I got my deer!!!!!

Nice Buck congratulations

"it's no Boone and crocket but for a meat hunter like me it's a darn nice buck."

I have boiled horns for upwards of 8 hours. I'll be doggone if I can get them tender enough to eat.
Nice Buck congratulations

"it's no Boone and crocket but for a meat hunter like me it's a darn nice buck."

I have boiled horns for upwards of 8 hours. I'll be doggone if I can get them tender enough to eat.
According to some, ground up antlers are an aphrodisiac…..

Be careful 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tomorrow is the last day of deer season here. After an abysmal season of seeing next to nothing I was desperate to get something, ANYTHING. anyway….I'm very happy with my deer here, it's no Boone and crocket but for a meat hunter like me it's a darn nice buck. The hammer hunter 75 grain out of the 257 Weatherby at 4150 fps performed amazingly. I had my nervousness about such a light bullet going so fast, I like exit wounds…and I got that! Broke a rib going in, broke two ribs exiting, hit farther up and back than I meant to and the beast still piled up in less than 20 yards from where it was shot. Shot was probably somewhere between 250 and 300 yard, didn't measure, just eyeballing it that seems right. Some pics of the deer in the field where it lay and then of the head on a tractor tire haha…
Congratulations! Nice Buck