Do You Plan To Buy Any New Optics In The Next 12 Months?

Do you plan to buy any new optics in the next 12 months?

• YES - of course!

Votes: 1,874 88.3%
  • NO - I have enough for now...

Votes: 248 11.7%

• Total voters
My S&B doesn't have the mil dot reticle. Its the Classic Variable with your standard thick/thin #8 cross hairs. At this point, probably looking to put it on a different rifle...

My S&B doesn't have the mil dot reticle. Its the Classic Variable with your standard thick/thin #8 cross hairs. At this point, probably looking to put it on a different rifle...
Got ya!. Far be it for me to convince a man not to buy another scope. There are very few places making high quality products anymore anyways need to keep em in buisness. have S&B put in a new reticle for ya.

Did awhile back. I think it was $800 for an illuminated reticle. Not really cost effective. Besides, I'm needing a new toy. Would like to be ready for some long range shooting next year when I draw a sheep tag...

Coal miner wages.... Heck, I'm retired.

I lean toward Leupold bu the Hawke Tactical seems interesting. I may get one and see if it will withstand my .338 Lapua/Savage.

I still need a rangefinder. Quality and prices seem to be getting better every year.

Bushnell/Cabelas is offering a nice combo for 270 clams OTD. Their ARC 1000 laser rangefinder and a set of roof prism bino's.

The bino's are average glass with BAK prism's, not fantastic but basically free with the 1000, plus you get a skinning knife and a pelvis ripper in one offer and a worthless DVD and a nice stainless pocket folder in the other.

The ARC1000 is a nice rangefinder and comes with ballistic (bullet drop and holdover) for popular cartridges built in. The display is a bit light (hard to read in low light) but it's very close yardage wise and it's worth the price of admission without the bino's.

Used to be a 1000 yard class laser was 500 plus. Like flat screen TV's, the pricing is getting very reasonable....

Must be the world currency situation......

Works for me.

Optics remind me of toothbrushes.

Lots of choices to do the same thing.

Waiding through the optics maze is very complicated with little solace in the fact that the wrong choice leaves one with something less than expected.....

My Nikon Rangefinder gave up the ghost so I'll be looking for a replacement. Can't afford to spend much so will probably be shopping the "used optics" section.

Silvertp

Yes, a Horus Vision Falcon 5x20x50.

No need to dial at than 1200 or so. The reticle does the job.

If I had the cash I'd have one of their reticles put on a night force or S&B. It's pretty interesting to just range and shoot. I think Leupold will put Horus reticles on too.

Pretty cool optics.