How Many Coyotes Did You Kill In The Last 12 Months

How Many Coyotes Did You Kill In The Last 12 Months?

• 0 to 10

Votes: 1,296 81.3%
  • 11 to 25

Votes: 166 10.4%
  • 26 to 50

Votes: 76 4.8%
  • Over 50

Votes: 56 3.5%

• Total voters
i hunt for some of the local ranches and have got 200 i think anyway right in there i do know the price is up on them sent 5 to billings and there give my wife 50 apiece for themgun)

Only popped one with the glock 27 last winter while sledding. Haven't gone out for them
for 2 years now. Spending more time fishing and long range shooting than hunting these
days.

I didn't kill a coyote this year, yet, but the other night I watched a possum get run over in front of my house and it took 2 more cars to kill it, even then, I thought I heard it whining when I went back to sleep. I wonder if a 50 BMG is needed on them?!

Shot my first of the year late yesterday afternoon. About a 35# male.
Came in to a call. After deer season is over we have access to more property to hunt on. Plan on making some more trips after the first of the year.

I shot my first coyote this year in Montana. I hit him with my 7mm mag with 180 Bergers at 130 yards. He was running straight away and I hit him in the left hindquarter. Lets just say it did the job!

I called 58 dogs last year and managed to kill 38. Longest shot was @ 210 yards and the closest was about 2 feet off the barrel! Wasn't shooting too good at the beginning of the season. So far this year I have 17 dogs. Not great considering I killed 8 in one day.

In the last year a total of 3. Too many people where I live and too much hunting pressure. The coyotes are all "educated" which means that turning on a caller = sayonara hunters.... So I have sniped them and it is time consuming but better than nothing.

Usually nothing closer than 140 yards and for quite a while nothing closer than 250 yards all the way out to 450 yards. But I'm hunting a sheep farm. About 2/3 is in hay production and the coyotes don't like to come out into the open, so I am set up on a high spot and tend to shoot them right at the tree line at the edge of the fields. A tower stand would be better, but it is the usual battle of priorities.

I did get 4 deer this last season on the same property, including my first buck and I share the meat with the family on the farm and they help me with processing.

How many coyotes did you kill in the last 12 months?
Killed 11 in past 12 months. 10 came off a 100 acre block with superb crp cover. Of the 30 yotes I have killed in the past 3 years, over 90% have been male. Guess at that ratio I will always have plenty to hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.