Are You Planning An Outfitted Hunt In The Next 12 Months?

Are You Planning An Outfitted Hunt In The Next 12 Months?

• YES

Votes: 315 30.2%
  • NO

Votes: 727 69.8%

• Total voters
I'm not quite ready to spend that amount of money hunting just yet. I'm still pretty satisfied going to South Dakota and shooting a few whitetail each year for the time being.

$$$$

I will hunt the Texas Whitetail and Axis $1,000 per year lease, which turns into $2,000 when hotel, toys, corn, etc. add up. They have priced me out of the outfitted hunts.

Definately would IF I could though!!

Just got back from a Guided hunt in South Africa. Amazing!Great people and experience.Did my first waterfowl guided hunt last fall. Awesome!.Heading to northern Sasatchewan for an archery bear hunt this coming week. Looking forward to this.Have always been a do it your selfer, but very much appreciate the success and comfort of a guided hunt.:)

self hunt in eastern oregon and south a ways,we have 70,000 acres to hunt for free,cant afford a fancy guide hunt but we always come home happy

Last edited:
Guys, thanks for all the replies. Can we please keep this thread for outfitted hunts only as the thread title's question asks.

Thanks! :):):)

I work a lot and live in KY, I love hunting out west. Ive been doing guided outfitted hunts since 2003. Elk, Anteope, deer, bear, wolf ........got moose, mtn goat, caribou booked and looking for a good place to hunt grizzly. Life to short to not do it. I also work a shift or 2 EVERY weekend to pay for it. Yeah people ask me how I do it or say I dont have money for that........well deliver pizza, cut grass, when your old and sick there are no do overs:D

Self invoked. I'm cheap. Besides I own 165 acres of forested land in northern lower Michigan so my hunts are a 4 hour trip and the lodge is a 9000 square foot home fully outfitted. It's our summer home winter lodge....

I believe I'm heading to New Mexico in '12 for Mule Deer. Will be a Super 8 lodge stay with a rented 4x4 and a couple freinds.

One has to be cautious in selecting outfitters/guided hunts. Rhere are some less than scruplous outfitters out there.

If you have steel hinges on your wallet you can always opt for a Cabelas hunt. 9 grand for a elk hunt is over the top for me. I'd have to have personalized room service and daily massages by some young lass for sure.....:)

I do a lot of do it yourself hunts I hunt Columbia blacktail hunting and black bear ,couger and elk hunting but one of these days I would like to go on a outfitted hunt

I am going on a guided prairie dog shoot. The guide supplies lodging, meals, adn has a shooting trailer that is a superb platform. Expensive? Yes, but all I have to do is show up with enough ammo. I fired 1400 rounds in two days last year.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.