cow elk@1203 yards

Old Bear,
You're a fine man! Thanks for the info.
Your hunt was very successful, your purpose was to
get Elk in the freezer, and you accomplished that!
Sorry to say but the only mess up was GG's writing
the wrong date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Don't worry, here I come to the
rescue. Good Shooting!

35hibnn.jpg

Eaglet,

Maybe you can fix GG's rifle, the bolt is on the wrong side! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JD338

Eaglet,
That is some very fine work my friend. you are good enough in your craft that you could counterfeit $100 bills all day long and be a billionaire.
That Hebrews 13:8 signature post must be keeping you the good person you are. Thanks
UB

[ QUOTE ]

And no , nobody is trying to convert nobody. Just pointing out facts.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Fact is pop! That more animals are wounded within 500 yards and closer, than 500 plus yards. So don't pull that fact
bologna to justify why he should not have taken the shot.
What's one guys view of long range shot may be another's view of a close shot.
I seen a hunting show the other night where this guy was hunting antelope in Wyo., the goat was around 300 yards and this guy shot at him and he hit about 3' low and some to the left and then he shot 2 more times at it while the goat was going over the hill. (I was surprised they showed
this kind of shooting ability)
The point Is GG and bear has some fine shooting ability! And to bash them on a long-range hunting forum or any where else shows the lack of appreciation and respect what others can do
I am sorry GG and bear that this thing has went out of control! Good job no matter what those people think who's idea of long range is say within a 100yrds (and that is fine if that is where they are comfortable of making the shot)

I am working on getting at least part of the video on here for all who are interested. The full video is 5 minutes so I am trying to get it down to something that won't take forever to download. Anyone have more experience with this? Is it a good idea?

To add to the thread:

I drew this same elk tag this year and we have just received the snowfall that should bring the elk right into the same spot as they were for Old Bear's shot.

I have until the last day of January to harvest some great tasting steaks. It should be a fun hunt. Going to stretch the old 300 SMK to a new record distance...or so I am hoping.

Stay tuned........

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.