Best scope for the money

Thats not true - all the bdc is just holdover lines. My strelok pro app has a ton of different reticles loaded in it and you can input all of your data and it will give you the yardage for your bdc lines.

Same with the Nikon spot on app. Litehiker has a valid point though. Without technology the BDC has too much room for error. With technology though, aka phone apps, that error is removed.

Same with the Nikon spot on app. Litehiker has a valid point though. Without technology the BDC has too much room for error. With technology though, aka phone apps, that error is removed.
That same technology helps when you are spinning turrets as well :)

I have killed critters using both bdc reticles and dialing for elevation. I think both have there place and both can be just as effective. The thing about spinning an elevation turret is you have to remember to spin it back to zero - it is easy to think that would be a no brainer, but in the heat of the moment some things get over looked. Maybe you take a 700 yard shot at deer or elk and miss, but never spin her back to zero. The next day you see one at 200 yards (where my big game rifles are zeroed) and you shoot over their back... I wish I was just talking hypotheticals here. Lol.

Last edited:
FIGJAM,
That is a lot of time wasted to use that app. Yes, that Strelok Pro app has many different reticles and likely you will find yours listed.
*But remember, ya gotta use BOTH your laser range finder (LRF) and your phone before you can use those BDC marks. Lotta fumbling around.

With a LRF that has ballistics pre-loaded like a Leica HD-B 3000 binocular or other good LRF monocular or binocular they will give you a firing solution where you CAN use MOA or mil reticles but not a BDC reticle.

Eric B.

FIGJAM,
That is a lot of time wasted to use that app. Yes, that Strelok Pro app has many different reticles and likely you will find yours listed.
*But remember, ya gotta use BOTH your laser range finder (LRF) and your phone before you can use those BDC marks. Lotta fumbling around.

With a LRF that has ballistics pre-loaded like a Leica HD-B 3000 binocular or other good LRF monocular or binocular they will give you a firing solution where you CAN use MOA or mil reticles but not a BDC reticle.

Eric B.

I have my yardages and drops taped to my gun based on the conditions I am hunting in. Once I hit it with the rangefinder I am good to go. Lots of different ways to do it, BDC reticles are awesome.

If you want accuracy go with an MOA scope BDC scopes really are a pain if you are hunting in different elevations and environmentals . The sooner you know your MOA and understand it the better long range shooter you will become and that's a fact !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.