Best scope for the money

Browning is made in Japan too. The Japanese can make a darn fine rifle!:D
Who knew, that if you dropped a couple tons of split uranium isotopes on a country, it would make them your friend, and make them smarter and better at everything??? :eek:

They're also one of the most technologically-advanced countries on the planet.

Hard to believe, but I'll take your word for it, as you say you own both. Also remember, everyone's eyes are different.
I know what you are saying, I did not like anything leupold had to offer untill the vx5hd. And still most of their stuff is junk, but the vx5hd is a good scope for the price.

Hard to believe, but I'll take your word for it, as you say you own both. Also remember, everyone's eyes are different.
Pretty **** happy with my Mark 4s. Shooting way out past 1000 at ground hogs with excellent resolution. Tracks from 100-1000+ continuously with no issues. Always takes me where I want to be and back. I have 3 and all are fantastic glass and performance is spot on. Not saying the Mark 5 isn't better glass but I'm content with my 4s

Well, I am in the same market as the OP. My head is spinning like a roulette wheel and just slowing enough for the ball drop off the wheel.
Looking to put on a 6.5CM LR target /hunter , probably Tikka light (lefty)
So a max power of 18-25, 24 oz , illuminated moa , ffp w/zero stop with decent glass for 1200 bucks is what I'm looking for o_O. (not happening with the 24oz)

It looks like Burris would almost get me there except i see some questions on glass and of course weight. I have Burris, solid scope , hope I never need the warranty.
Leupold VX-3i LRP fits, but no illum and: zero stop?
Nightforce SHV fits but SFP and weight.
Zeiss V4 tics everything except FFP
Swarovski Z5? goofy upper turret? But super light. any opinions?
Nikon black 1000 certainly catches my eye, I have some ,but where this model falls??? Hard to not try it for 750. And send it back to amzon ,no questions.
Vortex viper gen II ....
blah blah blah. Head spinning again.

Thanks OP and everyone else. Hope this isn't hijacking.
Brian

Last edited:
Well, I am in the same market as the OP. My head is spinning like a roulette wheel and just slowing enough for the ball drop off the wheel.
So a max power of 18-25, 24 oz , illuminated moa , ffp w/zero stop with decent glass for 1200 bucks is what I'm looking for o_O. (not happening with the 24oz)

It looks like Burris would almost get me there except i see some questions on glass and of course weight. I have Burris, solid scope , hope I never need the warranty.
Nikon black 1000 certainly catches my eye, I have some ,but where this model falls??? Hard to not try it for 750. And send it back to amzon ,no questions.
Vortex viper gen II ....

Brian
I made a very similar choice a few years ago. It was for a 6xc cartridge, left hand action, etc. I bought a 6-32x sightron SIII, and have been very happy. Since that first purchase I have bought two more for all of my long range rifles (2 6xc's and a 6.5x284) I shoot regularly out to 1,000 yards

Vortex viper gen II ....

Brian
Why do you need FFP?

Vortex viper gen II ....

Brian
Not sure if any of the Redhawk demo units are FFP but I ordered the Zeiss 4-16x44, and there are a lot of demo options at significant savings.....https://redhawkrifles.com/closeout/

Why do you need FFP?
I've never had it. But when I see all the high end scopes are FFP , I thought that having reticle match zoom would be good. But now after reading another thread I realize that I'm basically shooting flat to 200 at which point I would be at full zoom anyways meaning FFP isn't necessary? Obviously there is a need for FFP , but do I need it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts