best adj trigger ...for the money

Triger Tech is the best trigger I've used and by far the simplest. No adjustments to tempt me and it just plain works. No thanks to overtravel.

I have had Timney, Shilen, Jewell and most recently Trigger Tech. I favored the Shilen & Jewell until I tried the Trigger Tech. Will use Trigger Tech going forward. It is extremely smooth and breaks very cleanly.

Yes, and we all should. I would say most fliers are caused by pulling the trigger verses the load itself. Think about it for a second and then name one reason why you would have little to no over travel in anything other than a semi auto for the purposes of a fast trigger reset. In precision rifles over travel is your friend. No Triggertechs for me. As a matter of fact none of my BixNAndys have overtravel adjustments and they have plenty of over travel, the exact opposite of Triggertech.
Never seemed to be an issue for me, multiple half MOA 5 shot groups out to and over 1000, and many dead critters to vouch for that. I dont have a problem with my timney either, I just like the trigger tech. Stating "we all should" is just simply incorrect, and more just your personal opinion, which we are all entitled to.

A couple of years ago I would have said Jewel, but of late, for the money, Timney and the Calvin Elite win, hands down in Rem rifles.
I have now used Timney's in Mauser 98's, Ruger M77 MKII's, Rem 700's & Win Model 70's.
All have come in at precisely what I ordered in regard to pull weight and no creep. They are also robustly made which is a win win for me.
Anything that saves me time is a bonus.

Cheers.
:)

Well, I put a Timmy trigger on my 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger American Predator rifle and feel that I got "the best trigger for my money". At a measured 1.8 lbs. that sucker is CRISP!

And with a Boyd's Classic laminated stock and aftermarket Savage 110 metal trigger guard my RAP looks as fantastic as it shoots. (1/2 to 3/4 MOA depending on the cartridge!)
BTW, The SWFA 3 - 15 x 42 scope helps a lot too with its FFP, mil/mil turrets and reticle, side focus knob and 30 mm main tube.

Eric B.

I have had the Timney 510 in two former rifles and have it in two current rifles. I used to think this was the best trigger for the money hands down, and still might...for the money. I also have a Calvin Elite and a Jewell in a couple other rifles and in my opinion the extra money for these is worth it if you can save up and splurge.

Jury is out on which I prefer between the CE and the Jewell, but I do prefer them both to the Timney 510 and will probably replace the two 510s I have with whichever wins between the CE and Jewell after this year's hunting season.

I have Shot Timney, Jewel, and Trigger tech. Honestly, I preferred the trigger tech over all of them. And, it is the same price as the Timney, and WAY less than a Jewel.

I agree. I bought a couple of calvin elites and thought they were fine until I tried the triggertech. Now it's TT going forward; the break is as good as I can hope for and all of them have a very consistent pull.

Best trigger for the money on a Rem. 700, is the X-mark Pro series II. Comes free with the purchase of a rifle. Makes round go boom. Of course, not the fanciest, or best option. But it's the cheapest...

1 up for the Trigger Tech aswell, very smooth break, I have a Timney Calvin Elite aswell, great all around trigger can't go wrong with either.

Best trigger for the money on a Rem. 700, is the X-mark Pro series II. Comes free with the purchase of a rifle. Makes round go boom. Of course, not the fanciest, or best option. But it's the cheapest...
I appreciate the humor here, so I'll add a little of my own. It's not the cheapest in terms of $$- it would be better if they shipped the rifles without the trigger. The last few I've bought, I've uninstalled the trigger before ever chambering a round so I could put in an aftermarket trigger instead. That takes time, time is money...free isn't free but it sure is cheap (quality). :p

On the serious side??? I prefer Jewell, but that's because I've never shot, or purchased any of their competitors' options. Maybe I need to invest in a Calvin Elite to try out too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.