What is the best money you have spent on the shooting sport and why?

I have several high dollar, long range rifles and scopes but the best money I've spent was on a *** Ruger American Predator .223 that I can't seem to shoot the barrel out of. Deadly accurate and gets beat to hell in the truck, quad, horse and still shoots. I've learned more shooting it than everything else I've ever owned combined.

after thinking about it… I gotta say moving to Wyoming for me too. I used to live in WI and 300 yds used to be a "long shot" aside from a few stories of farmland hunters shooting across a 40. Living in the cowboy state has presented opportunities to shoot and hunt in ways many people never do. I can rattle off rifles and gear that I sure enjoy but without coming to the most sparsely populated state I likely never would have taken shooting to the same degree.
You guys are going about this all wrong!!!
You are supposed to say how BAD things are here so you dont encourage others!

All the snow and cold here in the winter and MAN, is that dry heat unbearable in summertime!!

"I hear North Dakotas really nice"

Come on, now, straighten up and fly right!!!

All the snow and cold here in the winter and MAN, is that dry heat unbearable in summertime!!

My brother moved to Montana a couple years ago from L.A. The first snow he had to go back to town and buy an all wheel drive to get up his long driveway. The next year he moved back to California. He went even farther south: Down to El Cajon.

Sweet POTATO! 😉 Kinda like the word used to describe the brand of "potato nuggets" found in the frozen food section at the super market…….Tator Tots! 🤔 memtb
I kind of that what it was or is. Thanks.
Montana is the new Colorado which is the new California. That state is turning blue.
I guess you didn't pay attention to the last election. We now have 2 congressment both Republic. I have a feeling Tester a Dem isn't going to make it in 2 years.
Most of the people I talk to aren't Dem's either.

I have several high dollar, long range rifles and scopes but the best money I've spent was on a *** Ruger American Predator .223 that I can't seem to shoot the barrel out of. Deadly accurate and gets beat to hell in the truck, quad, horse and still shoots. I've learned more shooting it than everything else I've ever owned combined.
My 1st 6 years of marriage we lived on the family farm. I bought a CZ 457 17hmr and had it zeroed at 200yds. The range finder rode on the dash and it was a death machine to 300+ yards. several varmints fell to that set up. There is something to be said about a good truck gun!

It is single digits here today and much of MT is so far below zero it is unwise to go outside. This place is harsh and mostly unbearable, let alone no good way to make a living. I don't recommend giving up the goodness of where you are to come here and suffer.

Tester is powerful and the fix is in.
We certainly saw that up here with our little misfit equivalent to tester. Old liver spot Mitch gave absurd amounts of money to fight our Conservative candidate, and the Dems got old Al gross the lady in waiting to stand down. Vote all you want they'll find a way to get there big machine candidates in.

That said Wyoming sure did a good job last go around.

Back on subject, My First Quality trigger was probably the best money I spent at the time on a single object with noticeable impact.

I kind of that what it was or is. Thanks.

I guess you didn't pay attention to the last election. We now have 2 congressment both Republic. I have a feeling Tester a Dem isn't going to make it in 2 years.
Most of the people I talk to aren't Dem's either.

Mike, I hope that they are good conservatives and not just Republican…..DC is full of "rino's"! I certainly wish you folks the best! memtb

SEVERAL years back I bought my first hand held laser range finder, a Swarovski laser guide. At the time it was the only affordable (to the average Joe) LRF worth a crap for LR/ELR. That Swaro went through a deployment to Iraq, several years in a sniper section, many years of hunting and LR target, and is still fully operational (my son uses it).

PRS (precision rifle series) has been a major impact on my shooting and money well spent. It's humbling at times and you gain a skill set that correlates to hunting well. It will open your eyes on rifle control and shooter position. If you hand load it will become a task, but an art at the same time.

Rimfire is a great idea! I really feel like the trainer type rifles are some of the best money spent to get/keep people in the field shooting. They are definitely under rated. Being a numbers nerd and knowing that my access to past 600yds was limited, my 223 LR target was built.

Even when I'm doing load data on other rifles I take it so I can play during barrel cool downs...

I'm not the only one either!

Gavin has absolutely no shooting credentials. A YouTube channel sucking up to people that can shoot. To try to promote an attempt at a business. That is yet to exist. That's right "Get on the list". Another fake it and hope you make it.