What is the best long range bullet for 338 win mag for deer you have used .

My wife has had great luck on deer/antelope sized game with a 225 TTSX's!

The only animal that she has shot that required a bit of tracking traveled about 60 or so yards while showing minimal blood loss. The shot was broadside, hitting very low just behind the foreleg…..didn't appear to have a lot of tissue damage. In fairness to the bullet…..there was only about 5 or 6" of animal from entrance to exit and probably only "nicking" the heart! memtb

Last edited:
Howdy, BPollard hope all is well. This thread was from 2015, I don't know if dgr416 will catch your response. Myself I don't have anything on Rl-22 but 19 I tried years back with 210gr Accu. You might start at 70gr and work your way up, 75 - 76 max. You get around 74 you will be compressing your load. I had good accuracy at 72 - 73, win.mag pri. o.a.l. 3.300 . Hope this helps. 😎

Howdy, BPollard hope all is well. This thread was from 2015, I don't know if dgr416 will catch your response. Myself I don't have anything on Rl-22 but 19 I tried years back with 210gr Accu. You might start at 70gr and work your way up, 75 - 76 max. You get around 74 you will be compressing your load. I had good accuracy at 72 - 73, win.mag pri. o.a.l. 3.300 . Hope this helps. 😎
Thank you Budd I appreciate it