what long range bullets for 264 win mag

dgr416

I have only used 155 gr mega tip bullets in my 264 win mag that are only .377 BC but shoot around .25 of inch at 100 yards .I shot a bunch of groups under 1 inch at 300 yards .I want a better long range bullet what bullets have yall used on big game ?

I have only used 155 gr mega tip bullets in my 264 win mag that are only .377 BC but shoot around .25 of inch at 100 yards .I shot a bunch of groups under 1 inch at 300 yards .I want a better long range bullet what bullets have yall used on big game ?

If you have the right twist, check out .264 Caliber Bullets Custom Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics, esp. the 160g. IIRC, guys here have posted better results with the 150's jacket (not advertised on the site but contact Marshal Ambrose and he'll respond to your query).

Good luck!

I am shooting 140 gr Berger hunting vlds at 3200ish with retumbo out of a 26" tube in my 264. I am getting sub .5 min groups. Performance on a 660 yd mule deer and a 530 yd antelope have been excellent. Hopefully I will let you know how they perform on elk in the next couple of weeks. I shot the 140 hybrids all summer with excellent results. I wish Berger would build 150-160 class hunting 6.5 hybrids...hint hint. The hybrids are easy to tune and the heavier bullet would really make the 264 shine IMO.

I am shooting 140 gr Berger hunting vlds at 3200ish with retumbo out of a 26" tube in my 264. I am getting sub .5 min groups. Performance on a 660 yd mule deer and a 530 yd antelope have been excellent. Hopefully I will let you know how they perform on elk in the next couple of weeks. I shot the 140 hybrids all summer with excellent results. I wish Berger would build 150-160 class hunting 6.5 hybrids...hint hint. The hybrids are easy to tune and the heavier bullet would really make the 264 shine IMO.

I emailed BERGER expressing an interest in a 150/160 grain bullet. They said they plan on building a 145 but nothing heavier....

The 160 Matrix bullets have been geting it done for me. From 20yds on out to 650, whitetail,mule deer, elk one and done. I burned through a box of 150's at the range, just for accuracy they are great, haven't got one into an animal yet. I used Bob Cauterucio's 155's one year, 5 shots no misses, really good bullets. These all take a few more clicks in elevation compared to the 140's and under but on the windy days they really shine.
Cliff

I'm shooting a stock .264 Win Mag. and it is not suggested twist rate for Berger 130 or 140 gr so where does this leave me. Any suggestions ? Today I use Nosler 120 BT with longest shot just over 500 YDS but Would like to push it farther what's your thoughts out to 750 yds with Nosler 120 gr BT, or should I switch to Hornady 123gr SST ?

I am thinking about the 142 gr nosler accubond long range bullets .I know these 155 gr lapula mega tips hit super hard they are made for Swedish moose .I loaded them with 70 grains of wc867 powder and put three in one tiny hole at 100 yards .It was one of the smallest 100 shot groups I have shot .I can't wait to shoot it at 300 yards .I have been shooting on power lines on wmas lately and the go for a mile that you can see .I need a bigger scope for sure .I wish lapla made a hunting bullet like their senrar bullet .The 264 win mag is an awesome long range hunting rifle !

I don't have much to add but wanted to tag this post for future reference. I have a 264 build in the mail to me as I type and have some factory nosler 130 AB to try and some boxes of 140 a max and 140 hybrid. Just need to figure out what powder

I'm having good luck with the 142 Accubonds and RL 33 in my model 70 264. Rem or Nosler brass can be used interchangeably, at least in my rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.