Australian firearm licence it's a joke

Aussie_hunter

I put this in general discussion and not the Australian forum because us Aussies no what crap we have to do to go through to get our licences, I'm not to computer savvy so I'm not sure if this link works but here's my best shot at it Firearms licence applications | Western Australia Police if that doesn't work look up Police.com.au and follow the links to firearm licence. I do like our laws to a point it does stop a lot of dickheads that are not serious about hunting and shooting from getting a gun, but it's the serious hunters and gun enthusiasts that suffer from these ******** laws.

Interesting application and I see that you have a collectors license. Here we have a C&R license that is a completely separate application thats made to the BATFE and our local law enforcement agency.

Ours is a bit simpler but it's all about protecting the citizens from the citizens, no matter what country or society it is. Government tends to make the most mundane procedures, complex.

Look at it this way. At least you can still own firearms privately. In Germany (for instance), only the military and law enforcement can possess handguns and rifles. Citizens are limited to one sporting long gun and no handguns (from what I was told by a German citizen last summer).....

Note: Hunting, recreational shooting or vermin control are not deemed to be a "genuine reason" for possessing a firearm of this type.

What else is there..would ALL lawfull perpuse be accepted..
I've found the life is all a play of words. Choosing the wright words or the way you tell a story makes all the differance

Obviously.... From reading the requirements (which I did go over, your link works just fine BTW), I'd say according to the rules set forth, belonging to a club of sorts and shooting in a formal or informal atmosphere, instutes an accepted reason.

I belong to a club here in the states and I shoot competitively at the club and other clubs, IMO, there's a whole other world of shooting sports besides hunting.....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.