no joke

I'm 52 years a Minnesotian. Best thing I did was move to South Dakota 2 years ago.
Happy that I'm not paying for the new vikings stadium.
I'm much happier spending my money on shooting and hunting gear/trips.

I haven't cared for football ever since Michael Jordan quit because he couldn't hit a curve ball. I saw a few minutes of a game about a month ago, who knew Spain or France had a team those guys sucked, kicked the ball up and down the field for 5 minutes, and bounced it off 3 guys heads, before somebody picked it up and got the game started again.

Guess I'm going to be somewhat in the minority here. Love my huntin and shootin but I love football also. HUGE Boise State and Seahawk fan.
GO BRONCOS AND GO HAWKS!!!!

Randy

Boise State should have to spot their opponents 21 points for making them play on that horrific smurf-turf. :D I literally can't watch a game on it because it gives me a headache. I'm not exaggerating. I've tried to watch two games on TV a couple of years ago and both times I ended up taking a couple of excedrin and finding a very dark room for the rest of the day.

Now, for the subject at hand.... I could see my breath when I went outside this morning. I went back inside, brushed my teeth, and I could still see it when I went back outside! That's when I start to get excited. I have a deer tag and 3 rifles with loads developed that are all sighted in and good to 400 yards (one much more than that). I still haven't decided on which one yet.

Matt

Boise State should have to spot their opponents 21 points for making them play on that horrific smurf-turf. :D I literally can't watch a game on it because it gives me a headache. I'm not exaggerating. I've tried to watch two games on TV a couple of years ago and both times I ended up taking a couple of excedrin and finding a very dark room for the rest of the day.

Now, for the subject at hand.... I could see my breath when I went outside this morning. I went back inside, brushed my teeth, and I could still see it when I went back outside! That's when I start to get excited. I have a deer tag and 3 rifles with loads developed that are all sighted in and good to 400 yards (one much more than that). I still haven't decided on which one yet.

Matt

Matt, well if you think our turf is bad have you seen Eastern Washington's red turf? Man, it is friggin bright.
And yes, my neck is starting to swell-----32 degrees here this AM.

Randy

Matt, well if you think our turf is bad have you seen Eastern Washington's red turf? Man, it is friggin bright.
And yes, my neck is starting to swell-----32 degrees here this AM.

Randy

32* here too this morning & about 2" of snow with more coming down.

As usual it's up to me to go against the grain on a subject. I make every possible effort to get my huntin' done in time to make it home for the ball game. Doesn't always work but I do try; then again, my deer/'lope area is a whopping 35min drive from my front door. Elk, well that's a different story :cool:

Sea-chickens are looking strong again this year & I felt like doing a backflip when the Patriots lost. :D I think I was in my twenties before I even knew there was such a think as college football & have only watched 1 whole game in my life, because I was sitting in the stands & was too young to visit the beer cart.

td

This morning I got out a little early for my training hike near my house with a bag of concrete stuffed in my pack. I do like watching football, but it never once crossed my mind as I jumped the herd of 75 elk that live behind my house and watched a giant 6x7 bugle and push the herd up over the ridge.

it's hunting season men! :D

If any body's going bad mouth the EWU turf it should be me. My tuition and tax dollars paid for it. My kids graduated on it. Hey it's Washington what are you going to do?

If any body's going bad mouth the EWU turf it should be me. My tuition and tax dollars paid for it. My kids graduated on it. Hey it's Washington what are you going to do?
Break in with a truckload of green Krylon and a dozen or so volunteers? Just don't smoke while all the spraying is going on.:D

Yes, no tv, for over 2 years, hunt groundhogs over the summer, steel plates out to 1000yds.+, more hunting, what else is there???

Hogginking:D

There's only two things I know about football.....
1. The quarterback throws the ball
2. My brother leaves for the stadium about the same time I head to the woods

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts