Are Hogs Realy Dangerous?

I dropped two over the weekend with my m&p9 and got a good piece of a third.

I dropped the first one and the herd fled in my direction it was a bit of an oh crap moment but I kept firing and the group turned and I dropped the second before getting off in the brush.

So to answer if they're dangerous. I saw an animal that could be when pushed even after being shot in the face as I pinned it's head under my foot and dispatched it.

Attachments

• 0ED032AE-40E5-4F88-B15B-04F9D9432479.jpeg
    0ED032AE-40E5-4F88-B15B-04F9D9432479.jpeg
    706.2 KB · Views: 54
From about August of 2000 to June of 2001, I shot and recovered almost 90 big pigs, lost a bunch more, but it got so bad that I added a 3rd chest freezer for the meat. My farm borders a municipal block of land that is on the north end of a major lake that supplies drinking water to a large portion of the western half of DFW. I had a cousin that was married to a game warden and we got permission to trap and hunt this area, about 3500 acres. I built a figure 6 trap and that night I set it, we trapped over 40 pigs and piglets. I worked days, so I had my dad drive down to check it and kill any pigs in the trap. He called me back and said he didn't think he could kill them all, I asked why, his reply was he didn't have enough ammo. We finally got a few hundred trapped and gave away a ton of small smoker sized pigs, and they just kept coming. It didn't seem like we were making any progress, the numbers just didn't dwindle. Once a sounder has established a home area, it's hard to get rid of them. They are extremely adept at foraging, hiding, breeding and have the ability to travel long distances at fairly amazing speeds(don't kid yourself if you think you can out run or outpace these critters) and destroy everything in their paths.

My yard and aerobic system has been destroyed by a group now, they literally have been rooting right up to the porch on the north and east side of the porches at the house. I can catch glimpses of them occasionally when heading out after feeding the cows, but it's rare. It's not hard to tell when they have been there though.
Hotwire, hogs hate electricity.