1000 POUND HOGS--- Yes they are out there

How about one over 1100 pounds. Killed in Meridian Ok.

Attachments

• 4723.jpeg
    4723.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 194
That's the things wet dreams are made of!
My record for hogs with one shot is also 5.
.458 socom and 300gr cutting edge bullet. None were big 60-80 lbs maybe. All dropped like a stone. I tried several times to best that but those dang things never line up very good. Plus I tried with a .338 lapua but the bullet seemed to just come apart after the 2nd hog. 2bd hog dropped first one had a volleyball sized exit hole and went 30 yards. 300 gr Berger at 22 yards.

Man that small part of me wishes we had a hog problem so I wasn't so bored waiting for deer season. Lol
No you don't. When they get established that will be all you have to hunt. They are smarter than dogs and not easy prey in the daytime when pressured. They are a pain to clean, and you will get sick of eating them. Fun for awhile, but it doesn't last.

Here is a decent size one I shot a few years ago. No idea the weight, guess 400?? One over 1000 would be massive for sure.

Attachments

• HOG4-08.jpg
    HOG4-08.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
That's the things wet dreams are made of!
My record for hogs with one shot is also 5.
.458 socom and 300gr cutting edge bullet. None were big 60-80 lbs maybe. All dropped like a stone. I tried several times to best that but those dang things never line up very good. Plus I tried with a .338 lapua but the bullet seemed to just come apart after the 2nd hog. 2bd hog dropped first one had a volleyball sized exit hole and went 30 yards. 300 gr Berger at 22 yards.
****, I got 2 with one shot and thought I was the man. 5 dang son! I was using my 6.5 creed hit the 2nd in the eyeball

I am amazed at the size of some of these hogs posted here..... And I live in Louisiana! Unreal size, biggest I've ever seen couldn't have been larger than 200 lbs. To see one 1000 lbs in person..... Would be something to behold.

Definitely have a hog problem in central Texas; killed quite a few this past year, most over feeders but a few in traps, spot and stalk with open sight .45 colt and even a cattle pen 3-fer.. 'gun fight at the OK corral'

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.