Anyone load pistol bullets on a single stage press?

Only thing I had for 12 years was a rock chucker on a small mobile pedestal. I can't even tell you how many times I've pulled on that handle, used to do 500 rnd batches of 9mm, .40, and 45 routinely. It's 20 some years old now, if I've pulled that handle less than 100k times I'd be shocked, probably easily double that. Same pedestal and rock chucker live in the front room, I use a lee universal deprimer to deprimer everything prior to cleaning brass.

I recently loaded 220gr hard cast lead bullets for my 10mm G20 (aftermarket barrel) on my Forster Co-Ax. I load 9mm on it frequently. It sits right next to my Dillon XL650. The Dillon is a great press. It's set up for 9mm. Once I have a need to load 100's of rounds I'll use it. My son likes to shoot 2 gun matches and he'll sometimes come for a visit and load 5.56 or 9mm for those.

Last edited:
I load EVERYTHING on a rockchucker, it's all I have lol. Takes more time but I do 9mm in batches of 50-100 and use a hand priming tool so not too bad.
^ This

IMO, this method works best for me because when I am loading small batches, I'm paying attention to every detail and don't get bored. I can always keep a good supply for my range and a few extras for storage. 9mm, 45 acp, & 44 mag; although the 44 mag is for a lever action rifle loaded in the bear stopping 300 grain bullets. And I load defense rounds for the others too. JHP, and lately some TUI.

I've always believed in quality over quantity, hence have used a rock chucker as my only press since 1975. Shot IHMSA and NRA pistol for 15+ years. Still use that same old rock chucker. RCBS has sent me the compound linkage block because I wore out the first one (no charge ) their customer service is second to none!

Oh, by the way, I do have a box of factory 45 ACP on my shelf for my 2 legged Critter gun. Just for liability purposes. The only factory ( other than rimfire) ammo that I've shot since 1975.

Thanks, guys, for all the replies. I now have all the components to load for the 10mm, first I have to finish up a batch of 22-250 that I started. The extra time to load on the single stage isn't a problem, I retired last year at 61, now every day is Saturday, except Sunday.

I have other pistols that I carry and keep at home for two legged critters, all of those have factory ammo in them.