New single stage press

30noslercam

looking for a new single stage press to put in the garage. I load a max of 400 rounds a year for a 284 win and a 30 nosler. I'm looking at the rcbs rock chucker and rcbs summit. Anyone got any other recommendations around that price point.

Thanks

I got the Rock Chucker single stage press and it does a great job.My brother has one also .They last a long time.I bought the cheapest Lee single to have on my other loading table and it's worked great.Happy reloading.

Loaded many thousands of rounds from 308, 223, 45acp, 9mm, 10mm, 22 hornet. 30-30, 243, 30-06, 7mm WSM, 300 WSM, gees the list go's on and on all on my Rock Chucker and buddy press. One at a time each measured for every load. I started with my Dad at age 12 and am 75 now so the RCBS does the job.

The tie breaker to me, In favor of the RCBS Rock Chucker is its internal power from within its linkage. It does not require a big heavy table to allow no problem full length sizing of larger cases.

I have a RCBS Rock Chucker bolted to a 2"X6"X 16" wood base, I C Clamp the press to my kitchen table and FL size 270 Win, 308 Win., 300 WSM and 338 WM brass. With no problems.
My job took me away from my big reloading bench on the road.

I have a RCBS turret and Forster Co-ax I like them both I would say the Co-ax is nicer unit but that's reflected in its price.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.