Allen Mag Shooters Group

Re: More of learning curve & experience -In the interest of sharing in

That certainly splattered blood everywhere didn't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What a hole. If I didn't know better I would be guessing something bigger than a 375 had hit the deer.

Re: More of learning curve & experience -In the interest of sharing in

7mm AM w/160 Accubond at about 175 yards or so. He was standing at the front edge of this picture and there was visible blood splatter for 20-25 feet in a fan pattern behind where he was standing. It was a kind of thread the needle type shot. You can see some of the biggest blood splatters in the picture in the bottom and on the right hand side.

Not all shots are long range.
DSC00491Medium.jpg

ss7mm - About that shoulder shot.

ss7mm.

Too much time on my hands again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Did the splatter pattern look anything like this? I think the blood had dried a bit when the pic was taken?

From now on, pics first, then the tag, then the dirty work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Then more Pics....
332DSC00491Medium-med.JPG

PS: Would that shot be considered a "high shoulder" shot. It seems to be through the shoulder blade but below that 'rig/ridge' on the blade.??

I'm still trying to figure exactly where to place a high shoulder shot to take away mobility.

Re: ss7mm - About that shoulder shot.

Roy:

That's about right. Up close it was more of an overall, everywhere, coverage spray but as it got farther away I remember it as fanning out more. In the first few feet behind him it was as if a red bomb had gone off. As you can see it was pretty brushy and he was only visible through a "tunnel" in the brush. Also, because of limbs, the shot had to be placed a little lower than I'd normally have placed it, but the result was still good.

Remember this picture from a while back?
elk-anatomywithtext.jpg

Re: Allen Mag Shooters Group -In the interest of sharing info

Tim/TX

Thanks for the dummy rounds!......Im gonna like these babies!

Are these seated to fit your mag or are they seated to the lands?

They just look a lil deep the 169.5 is right at the shoulder but the 190 is pretty deep!

Both are loaded to 10K jump.

Tim

Ok! just wondering...You still got your up for sale? I had someone ask me about it!

So Nyles, what do you think about the case and bullets, Is it gonna be enough to get what you want done.

Right now the 270AM is in the closet collecting dust with the rest of the arsonal. I'm working on 3 different Long range smoke poles at the sametime from 270AM, 338Edge, and 50cal starting to gather parts far.

Tim

Oh, yea gonna be a perfect beanfield round. I got a e-mail asking me had I bought it....to make sure he wouldnt be stepping on toes if he inquired....I told him I thought you still had it and to got for it!

So Tim what you gonna do with all those?

What do I need to be studing up on while Kirby is building my 270AM? Anything? I need to be busy with something while I wait!

Did you and Mike work up anything with any other powders?

While you are waiting for Kirby.

Get your cases, a couple of ammo boxes that will accomodate the cartridges w/ bullet up. If you didn't order the bullets through Kirby then get them ordered now. Richard has a farm to run and in the spring he has to farm.

If you haven't got a hard case for Kirby to ship the gun in then think about that.

Get your bipod and the loc.

Make your beanie bags.

Make, get, or find a flop down mat for prone

Get a wind meter, range finder, spotting scope and binoculars.

Get a backpack.

Get a long cleaning rod and make or get a cleaning rod holder.

Get a chamber dowhackey for the cleaning rod

Find a range where you can get the gun dialed in

Find a place where you might actually be able to kill something at a decent distance.

Get an email up in your profile.

Get a stretchy soft padded sling and modify it.

Get some practice with some other gun

Now thats a list! Let me see here....

Already on the case thing but dont know exactly how long its gonna be...should be close to 51-52

Need a wind meter, need a chamber dowicky, need a mat...Ill update my profile and plan on having all my 300WM work done before it get the 270AM.

Ill do all 100yd work here in the yard.

Pretty much have a bench that 1800yds no problem. Its just hour and a half from here....but we have a loading bench there too.

Oh need a new chorny!

Ok! Id say Im on it pretty good! Thanks!

mine takes a 53" case nyles, get dies and shellholder, bushing die if you need to neck down, what scope rings and base ya need?
ya got powder on hand? chrony? look at alot of long range places and picture game there, the absolute hardest part for me was convincing myself that "thats not that far"
you get your ducks in a row and "puttin the X on them" is the easy part
JS

James,

How long is your barrel...mines gonna be 28 and edge brake...my Sendero is 48" I just added 3" or 4" but seems there is not to many cases that long. Most stop at 50.5".

I think a 52" will probably work....Know where I can find a pelican plastic stlye? That long.

Im also working on a portable bench, if it turns out like I think, you guys gonna want the plans. Im going to biuld it out of 1.5 square tubing put small solid tires on back with hitch in front to hook to 4 wheeler. Move around at will, set up on this field today and that one tommorrow.

Nightforce 3.5-15-50 NXS R2 and nightforce rings.

Shellholder....add to list

Will get dies from Kirby

Powder? Gotta do some thinking here....Down here it may be 35 degrees in the morning and 65 degrees in the afternoon. And load work done in the summer at 90+. How do you know what powders are not temp sensitive? getting hands on powder is easy just need to figure what I need.

Also need to order some Wildcat bullets.

Thats it Im taking my wifes truck.....Im moving up from reg cab Tachoma to 4 door Tundra I need more room!!!

Not sure where that came from but I need the room!!
Thanks Guys!!!

Someone send me load data on a 270AM.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.