Allen Mag Shooters Group

Re: Allen Mag Shooters Group -In the interest of sharing info

If it's pics you want, pics you shall get!!

Here is my 270 AM. It is a fantastic cartridge. This gun was easily a 1/4 minute gun up to about 500 rounds. I had about 700 rounds down the tube when I sent it back to Kirby and it had opened up to about a 3/4 minute gun. While that is good enough to kill stuff, it just wasn't cutting it for me. Kirby builds one helluva rifle, no question about that!!!!
270AMMac002.jpg

270AMMac001.jpg

Here is a hog I shot @ 500 yds w/it.
bjhog002.jpg

#7 is close to a Sendaro......mine wieghts 11 lbs ready to go -ammo....so it might just be a fluted #7....Lilja lists a Sedar30....think anyone would notice it wasnt a Sendaro? Getting real close to knowing what I want! Then I guess ill have to shut-up and wait!

Savage 110 (pre accutrigger)
Rifle Basix set @ 10 oz
McMillan A5 stock (orange and black)
30" 8 twist 3 groove HV straight taper Lilja
Holland QD brake
Near mfg 20 moa rail
Mark 4 rings
Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm (in pic, it has since worn a NF 5.5-22x56mm)

It also has a scope level on it and an ACI. The ACI would no doubt be handy in the mts but is worthless around here in OK. I think thats it.

I see if I can get some pics of mine and get some help posting. So far the only pictures I have of mine are with dead animals. Mine is a 270 AM with a 30" pipe, McMillian A-5 stock, 5.5 X 22 X 50 Nightforce (from BJ & Lerch), Gretan striker on a Rem. 700 UM action. I call mine "Big A" and it is a lovely rifle and it really shoots well. I spoke to Richard the other day and he said he can now make a bonded bullet in the uld design. I am going to try some of these and see how they are. We are working on a sheep bullet right now for NWT in August. Unfortunantly Big A will not be on this trip as I already have too much of me to pack. Love seeing all the Allen rifles, I hope to have him build a light version for me in the not to distant future.

Nyles, did you get the e-mail I sent you earlier today with the pics of the hogs and my 270AM Thump Monster.

Tim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yea got that at work.......ooppps! ssshhhh! All I can say is soon real soon.....need to start writing down how I want it! You got pigs alot bigger than my piggies black one was 170 red one in the truck was 190.

Tim and I had close to identical rifles built, mine has the Holland brake on it, his has the same barrel only fluted with Shawn's brake on it, and he has the 3.5x15 Nightforce with the NP-R2.

I think Tims was weighed at 12# and mine went right at 14#.

Between the two of us we knock a dent in the hog population for sure. He has me beat in distance, with his A.M., but I think I still got him on weight with a couple of them. I am very fortunate to have a friend who allows me to share in all the fun we have. Between the fishing and the hunting, we pretty much have the bases covered.

Well Im getting close to knowing exactly what I want.....I have a friend kinda just like that but were gonna start on the does....get tired of JUST BLAM! Another one to skin so LR should make it alot more fun and his Dad's favorite passtime is loading something up a Lil different. And yes he will crank em off up front in the middle of prime time(testing a load at 445 pm) oh well. Deer dont mind we've had deer at a K while sighting in at a 100, They never pick thier heads up. calling box for yotes is on the list also....to bad no piggies up there. Hes selling a 7RUM he's had maybe a month thinking he wants a 300AX....Im going with the 270 in my old LSS for starts then we will see from there.

My 300 win wieghs in at 11 lbs so Ill just have to get used to the lenght.

Nyles,

I noted that you were going to have the trigger set to 3#. I might suggest that you purchase one that is adjustable down to 1.5#. I have noted several instances when shooting out past 500 that it is real easy to pull a shot out of a group when using the heavier set triggers. THere is a real advantage to the light pull on the longer barreled rigs.

Just a thought.

Was that on the 270AM or Katies .243? I just opened a file to keep notes in for what I want. I put ADJ Rifle Basix 1-3...Thanks! dont wanna mess this up. Tim just sent me his Kirby pics I hope thats BROWN....doing mine in SAND. You two single shotin?

I have a single shot follower installed, however I can shoot the loads I have for the 150gr FF, and the Wildcats from the magazine if needed. I just haven't found a need for the second shot being in the magazine, that I didn't have time to drop in the second round from the top, and get back into action.

Yes Tim's is brown and black speckled. The pictures look darker than it really is. I was mainly going with the Sendero look on mine but with the reversed color scheme.

Done!....What a relief!! Took two weeks but Its ordered! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.