22 LR Ammo

MW204

Isn't it way past time the ammo manufatures stop gouging us for 22 LR ammo? Come on I just saw an ad for a brick of 22 LR for $75.00. idk anything about this brand but it's supposed to be some really good stuff but come on. At walmart I see some Remington 22LR for over $40.00 a brick, Winchester 525 rounds for $45.99, Remington 22 Thunderbolt 500 rds $139.89, have they really forgotten who keeps their doors open? I could keep going and going and it won't get any better.

I know this is kinda like beating a dead horse to get up and go, but the ammo crisis is getting really old and I think we all should be on the phone, email, or how we can to contact the ammo companies and tell them enough is enough.
Sure I appreicate them doing what they do, but again if not for us they could get gov't contracts but even those won't keep all of them open.
I won't even start on the primer companies, well maybe just a little, they're even worse.

Attachments

• Rem 22.png
    Rem 22.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 22 ammo.png
    22 ammo.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 28
As long as people are willing to pay what they ask, they will continue to sell it at that price. Remember they are not in business to make ammo, they are in business to make money. It just so happens that they have chosen to make money through the manufacture of ammo.

If you could sell something for $40, why would you choose to sell it for less?

It's easy to just say supply and demand and call it a day. I think this situation falls more on what Friedman called the unholy alliance between government and big business. I'm not saying it was an intentional alliance, but the amount of regulations now in place makes it nearly impossible to bring new competition to market.

So in other words pricing will only decrease through moral principles over greed. I don't hold considerable faith in this.

I think where we differ is in the definition of "crisis" and "cheat". It's just business, no need to take it personal.

Primers are selling for a higher price than I am willing to pay. I'm not being cheated, I just choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Isn't it way past time the ammo manufatures stop gouging us for 22 LR ammo? Come on I just saw an ad for a brick of 22 LR for $75.00. idk anything about this brand but it's supposed to be some really good stuff but come on. At walmart I see some Remington 22LR for over $40.00 a brick, Winchester 525 rounds for $45.99, Remington 22 Thunderbolt 500 rds $139.89, have they really forgotten who keeps their doors open? I could keep going and going and it won't get any better.

I know this is kinda like beating a dead horse to get up and go, but the ammo crisis is getting really old and I think we all should be on the phone, email, or how we can to contact the ammo companies and tell them enough is enough.
Sure I appreicate them doing what they do, but again if not for us they could get gov't contracts but even those won't keep all of them open.
I won't even start on the primer companies, well maybe just a little, they're even worse.
MW204
Sorry to see the prices are still escalating for even 22s.
Thunderbolts are the worst 22 ammo-really dirty and not accurate.
We usually give a box or two of GOOD 22s and Hornady 17 HMRs with every other box of bullets or brass we trade or sell just as an extra treat. All the young shooters parents in our area came to us when there was a shortage around the Obama era to get some target or squirrels shooting. I remember one of our neighbors bought a 17 HMR for his son for Christmas and there was no ammo available. Came over to our house and his son got several K of 22s and 17s. First we shot (8) squirrels in our back property and then 2-300 target.

If you need some 22s for your kids or yourself send us a PM and will try to fix you up!

We love seeing young people -or older get into shooting.

Can't ever believe running out of 22s to shoot. They are the mainstay of SHOOTING!!!!
Len & Jill

Darn got another older story for y'all.
Back in 1962 we lived in an older house with a front porch. Everyone had a front porch on the house. Well I remember sitting on the swing on the front porch with my Dad and saw someone walking up the road. My Grandmaw's house was about ½ mile down the road. It was my Uncle Joe, he was my Pa's older brother.
Uncle Joe came up on the porch and said his hello's and the asked my Dad- "he said hey Len do you have any 22's, I want to go shootin". My Pa said yes and went inside and got a BRICK of Federal 22s.
I remember this Crystle clear as it was a minute ago.

Never forget that. The Federal 22s were in a bright RED box for the brick. He told my uncle Joe that it cost him $5 Bucks and wanted the money whenever or replaced. Guess that's where I get giving away bullets and brass and just want replacement from my Dad. Rather have replacement that $$$$

Money was never an object between family back then. I wanted to go with uncle Joe so bad and my Dad said son we will go at a later time and uncle Joe left. Never knew whether he ever replaced the brick or not, but I and my sisters always got range time in. My Dad always had a few extra pennies for some 22s to shoot and would take us often.

22s for a penny a piece!!!!

Those were the DAYS!!!

Father – Son/Daughter shooting. Hard to replace it these days
You may have seen the picture of the Savage model 29 pump I have that my Dad bought in 1949 for $49.00

If you are having a hard time finding 22s or 17s for your kids PM us..

Thanks
Len & Jill

MW204
Sorry to see the prices are still escalating for even 22s.
Thunderbolts are the worst 22 ammo-really dirty and not accurate.
We usually give a box or two of GOOD 22s and Hornady 17 HMRs with every other box of bullets or brass we trade or sell just as an extra treat. All the young shooters parents in our area came to us when there was a shortage around the Obama era to get some target or squirrels shooting. I remember one of our neighbors bought a 17 HMR for his son for Christmas and there was no ammo available. Came over to our house and his son got several K of 22s and 17s. First we shot (8) squirrels in our back property and then 2-300 target.

If you need some 22s for your kids or yourself send us a PM and will try to fix you up!

We love seeing young people -or older get into shooting.

Can't ever believe running out of 22s to shoot. They are the mainstay of SHOOTING!!!!
Len & Jill
Len, I'm doing fine on 22 bullets, but I do thank you for the offer. I have maybe 4 bricks max, but that will last me until the good Lord calls me home or my grandkids shoot it up.
It just makes me sick to see the gouging going on today in all the shooting sports for components by the very companies we've supported forever. I fully understand supply and demand and most of the time I have NO issue with it, but this crap has been going on for how many years now. It's people like everyone on LRS & other gun sites that kept all these companies in business for years if not decades and now they are, imho, making components in short supply to jack up the prices because we have hoarders who will pay the crazy prices for a few nuggets of their favorite gem, whatever it is and if our favorite gem is out we can either jump on that bandwagon or look for a new load. Thanks to Hammer Bullets that option is looking better to me all the time.
We are being rap*d by the ammo industry pretty much wholesale and it just frustrates the crap out of me. I'm well into my 60's and it's not going to affect me too much longer most likely, but I have kids and grandkids that I'd like to see enjoy the shooting sports as I have my entire life, but if you have to take out a loan to buy the components then the shooting sports WILL die out just as the haters of our sport have planned it all along and the ammo companies are helping them achieve their goal.
Think about it, I have to think most of us on this site are senior citizen status or close to it, and we're passionate about our gun sports whichever it is. We have components that we can pass down to family or friends but what happens when we die off and our supplies run out that we passed down? If things continue to keep going up? You and I know what is going to happen our sport is going to die for the most part and the antigun people will finally have won and it all started because of greed by the ammo companies imho.

Last edited:
What do you really expect....
If the middleman calling shots for oil tycoons can work on 'SPECULATION'
why can't the shooting industry....

What do you really expect....
If the middleman calling shots for oil tycoons can work on 'SPECULATION'
why can't the shooting industry....
As I've already said I feel we are being *aped by the ammunition companies and it pi*ses me off. We have stood by them for decades and we filled their bank accounts and then that big eared p*s got into the WH 14 years ago and tried to destroy our sport causing the prices to increase 10 fold, which caused a lot of shortages then too. Eventually the supplies increased again and prices went down and it is of my opinion that the ammo companies paid close attention to what happened then and kept that in their back pocket to bring out again at the right time.
When was the right time you might ask that brought about the low supply and high prices again. Does anyone remember the faux Covid pandemic where it was used to ruin a thriving economy to get rid of a certain President. That's all I'll say about that, but the ammo companies still used Covid as an excuse, justified or not, and told us be patient we're running 24 7 365 to fill orders and yet primers are still $100.00 plus for what most want, the same for most popular powders, and some bullets are still near impossible to get.
Are we being *aped by the ammo companies, imho from every direction they can and personally I'm not ok with that and until we all stand united on this issue it will take forever for it to correct itself if it ever does.

$25/325 rd box at Walmart here and the shelf was full. Not an unreasonable price I thought.
I agree we are paying more than we should and I refused to pay for two years. After two years off from shooting and I will not take three as the gouging has no end in sight. We are flat being ripped off. I have contributed to the rip off by buying primers, powder, bullets, rimfire ammo, the last few months. When something costs 4x what it did two years ago I wont forget who gouged us. No question there are higher costs involved.....not 4x! That being said I paid 120 for 1500 plinking 22's last week. This is the cheap bulk ammo used to be 550 boxes not match ammo.

Whats worse-- the price of 22lr ammo--- or a $5.00 cup of coffee.
I'm lucky and maybe spent 50 bucks in my life on fu fu rip off coffee. I learned before fu fu fad coffee became a thing at the family restaurant the highest profit items were sugar water, french fries, and coffee. I drink a pot or two a day and if I buy it....black and the cheapest you have.