Ammo Wallet?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by 25 Otter, Sep 6, 2011.

1. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Who the heck makes an ammo wallet for Ultra Mag ammo? I would love to find a 5 round wallet for my 300 Ultra cartridges. I HATE them loose in a pocket,and am having a terrible time finding a good carrier for them. Thanks a bunch,R.J.

2. Rimfire

Rimfire Well-Known Member

Galco makes nice leather safari / belt holders with flap.

3. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Triad tactical sells Red Tac ammo cards that should work with the RUM cartridges.

4. Bravo 4

My bad, looks like they only have the standard size. Try Bauer Arms or just google .338 Lapua ammo card.

5. buzz4me2

buzz4me2 Well-Known Member

Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge has ammo wallets for larger caliber bullets.

6. Bravo 4

I'm interested. There isn't much of a description, do you have one? Type? Round count?

7. buzz4me2

buzz4me2 Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't have one. I went to Shawn's LR class. So he knows what's needed on these bigger bullets like the 338 Edge ammo. Give him a call, he'll be able to answer your questions.

I ended up buying my pouch from a guy on Snipers Hide. Do a search under "Ammo wallet help wanted" or look up all my posts here on LRH. You will find I started this thread and it walks you thru the various ones I found.

The 2 I had made are great. However I don't know if she's still around. Let me know if you can't find the thread.

8. Bravo 4

Just finnished reading the thread and glad I did. I have some of the Blackhawk's and didn't think of trying some Edge rounds in them. They fit, a little tighter in the elastic loops (imagine that) then the .308 sized rounds it's designed for. But no problems. They aren't fast to get into like the ammo cards but a good way to carry a supply if I'm on the bolt gun. Thanks for the search link.

9. venom600

venom600 Well-Known Member

Triad does seem to have the .338 Lapua size in stock. It's in the 'Size' drop down. I ordered one last night (for my .300 RUM) along with some other goodies I've been meaning to get, that Triad had in stock.

--Ben

10. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

Hey you guys, I designed an ammo wallet just like you are talking about because I couldn't find anything to hold my Edge rounds. They are made here in the USA and are very high quality. I have sold several to guys on here and elsewhere.

Check them out before you buy anything else > Custom Ammo Wallet

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  11. venom600

venom600 Well-Known Member

So, I received my ammo card from Triad. Great construction, fits my 300 RUM cases perfectly.

But......I wish I'd have seen this ammo wallet that Tikka Lover just posted before I bought the ammo card. I guess I'll have to order one of these too. The combo of the two might be perfect. The Triple X ammo wallet on my belt for quicker reloads and the ammo card in my pack.

--Ben

12. SidTheKidd

SidTheKidd Well-Known Member

Just got mine from shoot-long.com. Fits 338 EDGE perfectly. Its built real well too.

Shoot-long.com has some awesome stuff.

13. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Tikka Lover. Good looking product you have there. I'll be in touch.