Ammo storage

I have several Mil-Surp ammo boxes, each with different ammo that I use. In each of these is my reloads, most are custom loads for a particular gun. Along with many containers of powder, all are stored in a large metal upright cabinet, kept padlocked. This is in my workroom, beside my garage. All is in air-conditioned space, kept below 40% humidity, and well away from moisture. I have some reloads that are well over 40 years old, and have never had a problem with any of them! Just use common sense in storage!

I think in most situations, if you store it anywhere in your house, the controlled temps (A/C in summer, heater in the Winter) will keep the humidity level so that your ammo should be safe. If you're really concerned, you can store it in the green ammo cans with small desiccant packs.
I would avoid storing any ammo, powder, or primers in a garage or attic unless you have no other option. Keeping it in the controlled temp area of your house is best.

I'm lucky where I live and just had this discussion with my kid over Christmas when he called wanting help with a new safe. He basically asked the same thing as the OP. My answer was a question...have you ever seen any ammo in my safes in your 33 years on this earth? Him....not that I remember. I said the only ammo in my safes are loaded magazines and speed loaders for some of the guns. Next...Where do you see all the ammo at my house or remember it being when it was your house? He answered correctly on the shelves next to the safes. I finished with I'll help find you a new safe because you need more room for guns not ammo you internet educated millennial. We used some profanity back and forth and he hung up with a Thanks Dad and I said always here to help son.