zero at 200m 91 clicks will get to 900yards?????

soundwaves

after zeroing my rifle to 200 meters, l have only 92 clicks to work with. External Ballistics Calculator this program says that it will get me around 900 yards. is this true? l only need to shoot out to 600-700 meters. do you think after zeroing in to 200 meters 92 clicks of 1\4MOA clicks will get me out to that range (600-700 meters)????

thanks ALAN

7MM REM MAG. 175 grain PSP. BC .500 at 2860 fps. altadude 4000 feet. zero range 200 meters around 225 yards

You can probably get there. But, you may be limited in you windage adjustments and/or other issues. I suggest you look into getting a 20MOA base which will put you closer to the center of your adjustment range for long shots.

You can probably get there. But, you may be limited in you windage adjustments and/or other issues. I suggest you look into getting a 20MOA base which will put you closer to the center of your adjustment range for long shots.

l think l just need to lift the back of the scope up abit. lm useing a nightforce nxs 8-32x56. my zero is at the 4th line of the elevation. lm looseing about 150-200 clicks. so need too mount my scope properly. l think. :(

This is a good answer. Or with relativily flat shooting rounds You can do what we did in the old days. Extend you zero out to say 250 meters or more. Then just run out your ballistic charts with the different "ZERO's

I like to click less:)

l think l just need to lift the back of the scope up abit. lm useing a nightforce nxs 8-32x56. my zero is at the 4th line of the elevation. lm looseing about 150-200 clicks. so need too mount my scope properly. l think. :(
Nightforce and others make scope bases that have the 20 MOA slope built into them.

What rifle make and model are you using?

-- richard

Withour question, that's an excellent rifle. But, your options for bases and mounts may be limitted.

Perhaps someone (Heym) can recommend 20 MOA base(s) and/or rings?

Otherwise, your NF scope should get you there nearer to the bottom of your adjustment range. And worst case, you could dial part way and use the reticle for the rest of your drop.

That's easy enough to do for target practice. But, simplicity is critical for hunting.

In the end, factory ammo will be your nemesis at longer ranges if you aren't able to start hand loading.

If the scope is mounted, then I'd suggest you just go out and practice and work it out to as far as you can to determine your effective range. If the ammo is still accurate when you run out of scope adjustment, then that would be a great problem to have and a solution will be forthcoming.

Hope this helps.
Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.