Zeiss Introduces Magnum Riflescope

Slipshot

Victory Diavari 6-24x72 Delivers Maximum Performance for Long-Range Shooting.

I know you guys love your big objectives from previous posts (sarcasam here fellas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Wonder were this is going to end??? Next thing you know we are going to be shooting from the hip so we can see through the scope LMAO.
Anyway interesting read HERE

It's been on the German ZEISS pages for a while. 2nd Focal plane reticle though, which sort of negates the Mil-Dot unless you recalibrate.

I get the feeling its aimed pretty much at countries where the use of NV is restricted ( like Spain - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ) so they're trying to increase the dawn/dusk times. No I wont be getting one - Zeiss optics make my eyes hurt for a start.

IIRC US-OPTICS did have a 100mm lens for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I looked at several Zeiss scopes today and a few Swarovski scopes, and after the Night Force and Schmidt & Benders I just don't see $1500-$1800 for the Divari or the Swaro. However on objective size, one of my buddies just got a 75mm ATN and they go bigger.

I can't see the need foranything bigger than a quality 50mm objective on any kind of hunting rifle, that big Zeiss Hensold is designed to allow the use of higher magnification when it gets darker, but i"m blasted if i'd want to have a scope that big on any rifle. Its supposed to be a sniper scope, to me a big objective like that just makes the chances of you getting spotted, either by the large objective or by you sticking your head up that much more to get in line with it, result is the same.. not good.
You can do 98% of all the hunting you need to do witha quality 42mm objective,, 44 mm would be ideal and 50 is great for the last 2% in the middle of the night.
Pete

Pete

Have you been able to handle one? - I was VERY dissapointed with the image on the 6-24*56 Zeiss - Very poor contrast - image seemed somehow white.

And "no bigger than 50mm" - not even a PJL reticled 56mm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I will agree with that Pete but will add that a quality 40mm front end would be better and let more useable light in than a shoddy 80mm chinese or asian front end. Quality 50mm ideal.

Hey Chris,

This is your airgun, right?

STAGE1.JPG

I use a Ziess Diavari C 3x9x36 with Z plex reticule and find it optically a suberb scope, it gets mainly used at night on a .22LR. The quality of the lenses mean that I can often kill a rabbit sitting 10 yards out of a lamp beam. I have never felt disadvantaged by the lens size but I do use a Swarovski PVS 6x24x50 on my main centerfire rifle for 200 yard plus stuff. I would limit this Ziess to about 150 yards on small targets though.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.