Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 T FL

Jscrapmetal

Looking for info from anybody who has one or any real world use of them. I recently got one and looking for info on the turrets. Bruce has helped me out with a lot of info but wanted to hear from others who have used this scope. I wanted this scope for hunting and learning the long range game. Not taking anything away from Bruce he has got to be the most knowledgeable person I know about scopes just wanted to hear the good bad and the ugly from others.

I shot a 6-24x56 for alotta years 'til I upgraded to my Hensoldt.. 6-24 was a great scope, never let me down. Mine had very fine click adjustments though and I found it to need a he11 of alot of cranking to reach the far targets. That's probably my number one complaint toward that scope... adjustments were far too fine (on mine) The new ones have more options than they did back when I bought mine, so the fine-adjustment is really irrelevent now. (not sure which you went with)

Reticle is second focal plane too. Some prefer 2nd, I came to prefer 1st focal plane since then.. just eliminates "thinking" in hold-over situations. Doesn't matter what mag-power you're on for the subtensions to coincide properly, in other words.

Those are my only complaints toward what (mine) was like. Scope itself always functioned right, turrets were repeatable, took a mean beating from my firebird for many many years and didn't miss a beat.. so yah, aside from minor preference-related things, they are very-good scopes. You should really like yours.

I had one... Glass is beyond description...amazing. The turrets worked fine...tracked well. It was never designed to have high speed turrets, so have to accept that and get used to cranking where you need it. I sold mine to get a more "tactical" scope and I hope I don't regret it......

I have one but not had it long. I bought it to go on my 6x47L if it ever comes back from the smith.
The glass quality will not be beat by anything out there.
I love the fine illuminated dot reticle, perfect for varminting and longrange.
I know the turrets are often said to be the only let down.
That said they aren't bad just not as good as Nightforce and the like.
You won't regret buying it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.